Best Western Plus San Antonio East Inn & Suites
Ranked #43 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed January 6, 2012

The room matched the pictures but somehow didn't feel as luxurious as what the pictures seem. The clerk was very nice and made sure we got a quieter room. It is right on the I-10 and is quite noisy. We were tired and didn't care. The walls could definitely use some paint. We were nervous when we got off the elevator thinking the rooms would be in bad shape too. Not so. The breakfast was typical.

Room Tip: If you want a "quiet" room ask for one away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
rupe4u, General Manager at Best Western Plus San Antonio East Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for choosing to stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you felt the room didn’t feel as luxurious as the pictures seem as guest satisfaction is our priority. We do have a variety of room types to suit different guest needs. If you have any special requests or requirements, we are happy to discuss these at the time of booking to ensure that you are fully satisfied with your stay. We continually maintain this property and we were in the process of routine maintenance work which includes repainting and touch-ups. I hope you managed to get some good rest during your stay and enjoyed your time in San Antonio. We hope to see you again for a more comfortable stay.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

This was my second stay at this hotel, and the stay was very enjoyable. The staff is very kind, and curtious. From the time I made my reservation until checkout they strived to make sure my stay was enjoyable. Rupesh prides himself on making sure when you stay at his hotel it is like you never left home.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
rupe4u, General Manager at Best Western Plus San Antonio East Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

Thank you very much for your kind comments. It has been my philosophy to create a homely environment with our staff and guests. With this is mind, we are able to ensure that from booking your room, checking in, staying and leaving us at the hotel, all go as smoothly possible with fantastic hospitality all the way! We look forward to seeing you again! Thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed here one night on our move across the country. Front desk check in woman was very friendly and was helping guests with directions, places to eat, and efficiently checking in. Room smelled nice, was clean, AC was good, very nice. Our only complaint was a bit of I-10 noise. We were so tired it didn't really matter, but if you're a light sleeper certainly ask for a room on the opposite side of the hotel. After such a good experience at this "Best Western Plus" (which I had never heard of the 'plus' thing) we booked another one for our next night!

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper ask for a room on the side away from the interstate.
Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
rupe4u, General Manager at Best Western Plus San Antonio East Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We hope that your move across country went smoothly. I’m glad that you had a good experience at the hotel and that you could see the Front Desk Clerk was friendly and helpful. All staff assist in any way possible to make each stay pleasant for our guests. We will be happy to fulfill your request of room location on your future stay if required, just ask! As for our “Plus” descriptor, Best Western now has three choices of hotels that offer you amenities and services that best fit your specific travel needs, Best Western PLUS is one of these. Thank you for your loyalty to our brand and for staying with us. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

I made our resevations, online, and chose this location for price and location.
We arrived in the early evening, after traveling all day. The outside of the motel was so neat and clean, landscaping was in excellent conditon.From the moment we entered the door, we were greeted as welcome guests. Not as just another customer. Our room was so clean and comfortable, beds were the best! The daily breakfast, was very good. Coffee was always available. Attendendents, acted as if we were visiting their home, and they were so pleasant, and helpful. We are planning another stay in San Antonio, and this Best Western will be our choice to stay at. Thanks for your hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
rupe4u, General Manager at Best Western Plus San Antonio East Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Thank you very much for your review and for choosing to stay with us at Best Western Plus San Antonio East Inn & Suites. We believe in making each guest feel welcome and giving a “home away from home” experience. I am glad that you felt welcome and found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. Many guests frequently comment on the clean rooms and also on the comfortable beds. We hope you enjoyed your visit to San Antonio and look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel.

Reviewed September 29, 2011

A few days ago I checked in to this hotel that I found online. I choose it for its closeness to a jobsite that I am in town for. Upon arrival I was greeted by a wonderful smile and a cheerful young lady named Alena. Though she was quite busy with ringing phones and another guest to check in she made sure we were both comfortable and felt like her first priority and she even asked if we would like to have a cup of coffee while we waited and with a late night flight i definately needed it. She did it all with a smile. I thought the hotel was a little secluded but she gave me map and showed me where everything in the area is to eat is turns out everything is parrallel to I-10. My room was better then anyother Best Western I have ever stayed at. Breakfast was up and going a little early. This young lady must have been working the overnight and still found time to come into the breakfast hall and ask if I had enjoyed the stay and if breakfast was good. I felt right at home. Next time I am in town this will be the only hotel I stay at. Checking out was a sinch with Maria. The hotel parking lot was very full but seeing everything on the camera was very reassuring. Kudos to management for choosing an awesome set of young ladies.

Room Tip: The first floor has a laundry room. And if its busy so does the third floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ryan_hawkins86

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. Elena and the staff were so pleased to read your uplifting comments on the impact that they had made on your stay. Treating each guest individually is our goal in order to give you a homely feel and I am grateful that you were able to share your experience. I am glad that you discovered that your room was better than expected. The hotel does have an advanced camera system displayed in the lobby for your comfort and security. We look forward to seeing you on your future stay. Thank you for your loyalty and choosing Best Western.

Reviewed July 13, 2011

My wife and I chose this property for our one night stay because of it's close proximity to I-10. The on and off procedure at this location allowed us to not lose any more time than was necessary on our way to AZ. Our King Suite was very nice. Better than even imagined. The primary parking lot entrance was undergoig renovation at the time of our stay but did not pose any major problems. The front desk staff was very helpful in directing us to a nearby Wal-Mart and Chilis restaurant. Our room was very quiet even with the close proximity of the Interstate. The breakfast was very typical for Best Western.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite as the difference is minimal.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review and positive comments. Our hotel is right off the I-10 East so I am glad you were able to fully benefit from the easy access and hope you had a safe trip to Arizona. I am pleased that the King Mini Suite exceeded your expectations.

The parking lot has now been fully renovated for guest comfort. Front Desk staff are always willing to assist with your requests and can provide recommendations and directions to nearby facilities. At breakfast we serve a variety of continental items as well as hot items. This includes fresh hot waffles, egg patties, sausage biscuit, bagels, cereal and more. I hope you and your wife enjoyed your time in San Antonio and hope to see you again on your next visit. Thank you for staying with us as Best Western Plus San Antonio East Inn & Suites.

Reviewed June 1, 2011

After viewing several disguisting places throughout our trip, this was the second Best Western that saved us. It had very comfortable beds and pillows, was clean, had a very friendly staff, and a great warm breakfast in the morning. It is a little far from down town but worth it. It is right off the freeway, which may bother some but didn't bother us at all. In fact, we spent our last two nights here, and it was the first time I was able to sleep past 6 a.m. due to comfort.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
rupe4u, General Manager at Best Western Plus San Antonio East Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

Thank you very much for your positive review. I am glad you were able to get a restful sleep and enjoy the breakfast the following morning. Many other guests also compliment the comfortable beds. The downtown area is around 10 minutes drive away from the hotel. I hope you enjoyed your time in San Antonio and hope to see you again on your next visit. Thank you for choosing Best Western San Antonio East Inn & Suites for your stay.