I prepaid for my trip. After arriving, I wished I had not so I could switch hotels. When we pulled up to the hotel it was a little scary because the hotel does not appear to be in the best of neighborhoods. It is a very industrial area with abandoned buildings. I do not live in an upscale neighborhood myself, however, I did not expect to not feel comfortable walking out the my car in the parking lot at night. I had viewed the pictures online of the suites and it was very misleading because it does not specify which suite you're looking at. I walked into a much smaller suite than I thought I had booked and was disappointed right away.
When looking for a hotel for my trip I wanted one with an outdoor pool. This hotel has one. It is not the largest pool, but that is fine. I was, however, really frustrated by a few important things....1. The pool towels are so small they could be considered hand towels. 2. They have a couple tables with umbrellas by the pool which are nice. However, no pool lounging chairs.....Maybe it's just me, but I've NEVER been to a hotel that doesn't have these by their pool. They do have grills for you to grill out which is cool.
I booked us for 6 nights and this hotel only has room service come once a week. That seems a bit too long when the suites have kitchens and you can generate quite a bit of trash. (Not to mention their trash bags are pointless and rip so easily I ended up using bags from Walmart because they were stronger!) The website was also not specific about their "full kitchen". I guess I expected more than two plates, two cups, two forks, etc. The "full kitchen" also did not include an oven, so much for the "full kitchen" part.
I also accidentally prepaid for an extra night we did not need. I did not expect my money back, but something would've been nice. I left something behind at the hotel and it was a hassle to get it shipped---at my expense of course. $40 to ship my item is ridiculous!!!! I called the day we checked out and was told I had to give a credit card number to have it shipped, but they didn't know how much it would be. I waited three days with no return call. I did get the information I needed when I called back, but still $40 is steep when my item is not heavy and can be squeezed into a small box. I have not received the item yet, but I can't help but feeling a bit taken by this hotel.
Also, I signed up for the rewards program and when I signed in found out that I am only getting credit for 5 nights, even though I paid for the 6th night but did not use it. Once again, feeling taken.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to San Antonio Come and see how we celebrate spring with Fiesta, Fiesta, Fiesta! , a citywide cultural celebration. Aside from being home to the Alamo and the San Antonio Riverwalk, we are also home to the San Antonio Spurs, the Majestic and IMAX Theater, Sea World, Fiesta Texas as well as many institutions of higher education including UTSA and Trinity University. From the moment you enter the Candlewood Suites hotel you will feel right at home. Whether your visit brings you to us for business or pleasure, one night or an extended stay, the Candlewood Suites is ready to serve you. Our rooms are cozy and convenient because we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. It's the ultimate suite for every traveler. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your executive desk with two phone lines and surf the net with our free high speed internet access. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and DVD/VCR. Borrow your favorites from our free video and book library or work off some stress in our fitness center or our outdoor pool. Our Candlewood Cupboard offers meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices and our complimentary washers and dryers will keep you looking your best. The Candlewood Suites hotel is located on the Northwest side of town near USAA, Lackland Air Force Base, and the Medical Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites - San Antonio NW Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites - San Antonio Hotel San Antonio
- Candlewood San Antonio
- San Antonio Candlewood Suites