I purchased my stay at this hotel through Hotwire.com and had no idea the hotel I would be staying in before booking. When I came here to find the reviews of the hotel, my heart dropped after I saw the last few reviews about vehicle break-ins. My husband and I had every intention of calling Hotwire the second we arrived and forcing them to change our hotel. When we arrived, however, we were pleasantly surprised. The outside looked great for a two-star hotel, and it is a HOTEL, with the doors to the rooms inside of the building, which is a huge bonus in a two-star. We didn't see any broken glass in the parking lot and it looked like they had recently installed a new fence, it was very high. There were several very new cars in the parking lot as well.
The woman who checked us in was very sweet and welcomed us to San Antonio. They have a warning right at the desk about vehicle break-ins. It's not just a problem at this hotel, but everywhere on the I-10 strip. Vehicle break-ins are a crime of opportunity, so we didn't leave anything in the car that was valuable, including our CD deck. We drove our older car and it is very easy to pull the deck out, unlike on our newer car in which you have to pull the entire dashboard off to get to it. This hotel offers a safe deposit box, which is where we left all of our valuables.
As for the hotel room, it was the nicest two-star room I've ever stayed in. We didn't spend much time there at all, but it was sufficient for our sleeping needs. It was quiet, we knew there were dogs staying next to us and we couldn't only hear them once and the sound was very faint. The kitchen would have been nice, but we weren't in the mood to cook on our trip! The bathroom was in great shape. It's an extended stay, so there isn't any maid service unless you stay longer than a week. That was fine with us, we just had to run down to the front desk to get new towels.
For a two-star hotel, it was absolutely the best I've stayed in. It's not the best hotel in San Antonio, but worth the cost if you can find a cheap rate. I would be cautious when traveling to San Antonio in general, we were just a few cars down from someone who had their car broken into at Six Flags, they left their phone on the dashboard. If you are cautious, you can prevent being a victim.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to San Antonio Come and see how we celebrate spring with Fiesta, Fiesta, Fiesta! , a citywide cultural celebration. Aside from being home to the Alamo and the San Antonio Riverwalk, we are also home to the San Antonio Spurs, the Majestic and IMAX Theater, Sea World, Fiesta Texas as well as many institutions of higher education including UTSA and Trinity University. From the moment you enter the Candlewood Suites hotel you will feel right at home. Whether your visit brings you to us for business or pleasure, one night or an extended stay, the Candlewood Suites is ready to serve you. Our rooms are cozy and convenient because we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. It's the ultimate suite for every traveler. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your executive desk with two phone lines and surf the net with our free high speed internet access. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and DVD/VCR. Borrow your favorites from our free video and book library or work off some stress in our fitness center or our outdoor pool. Our Candlewood Cupboard offers meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices and our complimentary washers and dryers will keep you looking your best. The Candlewood Suites hotel is located on the Northwest side of town near USAA, Lackland Air Force Base, and the Medical Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites - San Antonio NW Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites - San Antonio Hotel San Antonio
- Candlewood San Antonio
- San Antonio Candlewood Suites