“Terrible Expereience”

Ranked #238 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Midwesterner
“Terrible Expereience”
Reviewed February 18, 2007

I am a Platinimun Holiday Inn (Priority Club) member so I used some points to start a vacation stay in San Antonio--I thought CS might be a decent step up from a HI Express--boy was I wrong! Got in late at night and was put in a very small smelly, smokey and dingy room. My wife refused to stay here so at 10pm we were out looking for a hotel--ended up at a Marriott down the street. I thought that being associated with the HI name was a hedge against flophouses but my advice is stay away from CS hotels--at least in San Antonio.

• Liked — Nothing good about this place
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank forensicsleuth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2005

Never having stayed at a Candlewood Suites, I was disappointed. There was no one on duty after 11:00 pm when we arrived, except a security guard in the parking lot. Admittedly, I dislike staying in hotels where no staff is on hand during the night. When a hotel uses "suite" in their name, I think of something more expansive and comfortable than the room we encountered. For the money, I would not stay here again but would look to the nearby AmeriSuites, which is comparatively priced yet offers more space and amenities.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank Zoe-la
chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 28, 2005

Average room size with no extra seating area. Because a stove, micro wave and refridgerator are put into a room does not qualify a room to be called a suite.

I think at the time of making the reservations it should be explained that room service is once a week and to get fresh towels or linens the used items must be taken to front desk for an exchange.

There are better choices for the money.

4 Thank hapnats
Reviewed February 25, 2003

After fleeing from the dreadful conditions at the Clarion Inn and Suites on loop 1604, the Candlewood Suites are like a lil' piece of heaven. The desk clerk cut me a deal over the phone, so I suggest trying that to get a better deal for an extended stay. The one bedroom is especially roomy and nicely accomodates my husband and I who are currently trapped inside by an icestorm (what great weather for a vacation eh?). The free videos at the front desk help as well, as do the free use of the washers and dryers. As a Road Warrioress Supreme, I find The Candlewood Suites fills in the mid range priced missing link between the lower end, construction worker filled extended stays such as Extended StayAmerica and StudioPlus, and the almost unaffordable real comfy places like Residence Inn and Homewood Suites. I love em!

5 Thank coando
Travelers also viewed these San Antonio hotels
Staybridge Suites San Antonio NW Medical Center
Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Northwest Medical Center
Courtyard San Antonio Medical Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Medical Center
Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Colonnade
Extended Stay America - San Anto...
#239 of 355 in San Antonio
TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest

Been to Candlewood Suites - San Antonio NW Medical Center? Share your experiences!