$96
$145
$101
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

$164
$159
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $221/night.

$167
$146
$135
Hotel Contessa
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

$199
$247
$219
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $266/night.

Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
$314
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$196
$165
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

I spend 180 nights a year in hotels, and prefer Candlewoods for the value/comfort of the chain. This is the worst Candlewood I've ever been in. The whole thing is filthy. The front lobby area and elevators haven't seen a mop in probably a month. The handle on the fridge and light switches have black finger marks around them. My toilet wobbles and won't flush, there's some grape jelly like mess in the fridge, sheets are stained, thermostat doesn't work, carpet was damp and stained. The glasses have rings. The Cupboard is essentially empty, which didn't stop them from placing a $60 hold on my credit card on top of the room fee. I'm completely disappointed. I could've stayed at a Motel 6 for half the price and far lower expectations. It's Friday afternoon, and when I asked to speak with a manager, I was told that she'd be in on Monday. What a disappointment. Do not stay here.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled on business
Angie A, Manager at Candlewood Suites - San Antonio NW Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2016

We thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs and apologize for your disappointment with the condition of your suite and the hotel. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve. Thank you again and I will make sure to share this with our staff.

Reviewed May 23, 2016

It was a nice environment to stay in it had really friendly people working. The room was very excellent it feels like if you were in your house. The I also like that it had a gym were I was able to go workout.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2015, traveled with family
Angie A, Manager at Candlewood Suites - San Antonio NW Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2016

Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your feedback. One of our top priorities is Guest satisfaction and we are so pleased to hear we met your expectations during your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you again and I will make sure to share this with our staff.

Reviewed February 14, 2016

This hotel is nothing better than a $29.00 budget hotel!
Our party of three made our reservations five weeks ago. When we arrived, two days ago - checking in at 4:10 p.m., only 2 of the 3 room were available. It took them just under two hours to get another room ready. As a consolation they gave my partner a bottle of water and a bag of trail mix with their apology.

In addition, we had four parcels shipped UPS to the hotel in advance. Even though we had signed verification that all four were delivered, only three were able to be found. We asked to speak with the manager, which still hasn't happened. I even had IHG Customer Service call the hotel yesterday, insisting that the manager contact me within 30 minutes. That still hasn't happened, and it is 22 hours later. When I inquired at the front desk, I was told that the manager was unavailable until Monday, and besides, they aren't going to do anything about it.

Yesterday, as we came back into the hotel, we noticed that someone's dog had left a pile along the walkway. We told them at the front desk, but it took until today to have it cleaned up.

The front desk/reception area is dingy. The elevator floor are not well kept. My freezer had styrofoam cups of a frozen substance (obviously from a previous guest), the door to my room is in need to repair. In another of our three rooms, the kitchen floor is buckling and coming apart.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, don't stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank David F
Angie A, Manager at Candlewood Suites - San Antonio NW Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2016

I want to apologize for your less than perfect stay at our hotel. We do strive to ensure all of our guests have an excellent stay but it appears we have failed to provide that during your time with us. My largest concern is your experience with our staff which was our opportunity to begin and end your stay on a high note. I understand that our front desk agent was able to get the tracking details for the packages and were able to verify that only 3 of the 4 pacakages had been delieverd. Although, that situation was resolved, this did not make up for the other issues. We take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can make the necessary improvements and provide the highest service that our guests expect and deserve.

Reviewed September 15, 2015

Stayed at this hotel over the weekend and had a nice stay. I stayed at this property back in May but at that time had the bigger suited. This time I wanted to save some money so I choose the smaller room. Big difference! The two-room suite had much more space than the standard room and it seemed the bathroom was bigger. I have not issue with the property but on my next stay, I'm definitely going to pay more for the larger room. Only other comment is that the hotel is a bit back from the access road so you can easily miss the driveway entrance.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank Doray H
Angie A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - San Antonio NW Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2015

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. We are always happy to get feedback from our guests and I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed May 26, 2015

The room was spacious, clean and I felt right at home. I would recommend getting rid of the carpet but other than that everything in the kitchen and the bathroom was very clean. Plenty of clean towels and the pull out sofa was comfortable for my son.

Room Tip: stay in a suite
  • Stayed: May 2015, traveled with family
Angie A, Manager at Candlewood Suites - San Antonio NW Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2015

Thank you for your great review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you as our guest again.