Let me firstly say that the staff at this hotel were simply amazing, very friendly and attentive to their guests (especially Matthew), they went out of their way to make all the guests feel very welcome.
However, unfortunately I can't say anything nice about the hotel itself, the entrance to the hotel property is not well advertised, you're more likely to see the U-Haul facility sign first before seeing the entrance to the hotel property, once inside the property grounds, there are no signs to show you where the main lobby is, you'll probably drive around the property before you figure out just where you need to check-in.
The carpets in the hallway as well as in the rooms are worn out and dirty, the exit stairways are also the same, with the addition of lot's of dead bugs like crickets lying around. the rooms itself were smaller than previous Candlewood's I have stayed at, the bedding, linen and towels were clean, the room itself was clean but I did find some uncleaned areas around the room.
The pool area was great, it was a large pool with 5ft deep end so that made the stay a little more pleasant, if it wasn't for the friendly staff, I would have rated this hotel even worse than I did. Unfortunately I won't be staying here again if I can help it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to San Antonio Come and see how we celebrate spring with Fiesta, Fiesta, Fiesta! , a citywide cultural celebration. Aside from being home to the Alamo and the San Antonio Riverwalk, we are also home to the San Antonio Spurs, the Majestic and IMAX Theater, Sea World, Fiesta Texas as well as many institutions of higher education including UTSA and Trinity University. From the moment you enter the Candlewood Suites hotel you will feel right at home. Whether your visit brings you to us for business or pleasure, one night or an extended stay, the Candlewood Suites is ready to serve you. Our rooms are cozy and convenient because we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. It's the ultimate suite for every traveler. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your executive desk with two phone lines and surf the net with our free high speed internet access. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and DVD/VCR. Borrow your favorites from our free video and book library or work off some stress in our fitness center or our outdoor pool. Our Candlewood Cupboard offers meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices and our complimentary washers and dryers will keep you looking your best. The Candlewood Suites hotel is located on the Northwest side of town near USAA, Lackland Air Force Base, and the Medical Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites - San Antonio NW Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites - San Antonio Hotel San Antonio
- Candlewood San Antonio
- San Antonio Candlewood Suites