“Candlewood suites NW Medical center”

Candlewood Suites - San Antonio NW Medical Center
Ranked #205 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The hotel was recommended to us because its location near the medical service. The hotel is really great for the price and very close to shopping areas.

One good thing in candlewwod is the fully equipped kitchen.

Free internet (not so fast), free laundry facility and good housekeeping service.

Front desk employee are NOT friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shifaajeddah
Angie A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - San Antonio NW Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for the nice review! Guest satisfaction is our top priority and I am glad to see that we were able to meet your expectations. We hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was to town for a business trip and this hotel was recommended to me for it's location and price. I was very surprised at how nice this hotel was for the amount I paid for it.

The room was spacious and very clean. It offered a work station, and free internet. The bed was comfortable, and though I did not need it, there was a mini kitchen also. The parking was free too.

I arrived late, though my GPS took me right to the Candlewood sign, you can not see the hotel from the road. I ended up passing by the hotel. I drove around the block, and the next time I pulled in at the sign and drove to a large, dark building. It was the hotel, but the hotel does not face the road and the sign is on the front of the building. They need to have a sign on the side of their building that can be seen from the road.

I was not going to arrive before midnight so I called the hotel to let them know. They were friendly and helpful.

I have never stayed at a Candlewood before, but if this one is an indication of a Candlewood, I will stay at other ones.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Angie A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - San Antonio NW Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for the great review! Guest satisfaction is our top priority and I am glad to see that we were able to meet your expectations. I will definitely share this review with the staff and we hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We've always loved the entire IHG chain, staying mostly in Candlewood Suites. Sadly, this is the first encounter with one that was sub par. Their internet is DSL, spread across the entire hotel - our download speed was .1 mbps (yes, .1!) If you need a place for business this will not work. Spoke with management, nothing is planned in the near future. We travel with our dog and were disappointed to see dog feces all around the property. Property is surrounded by apartment complexes and it is literally right off the freeway. We left after two nights and were charged extra for leaving early - not too happy about this since it was not our fault :( We try and always have a positive attitude about where we stay, but I would rate this more on the level of Motel 6 or Days Inn.

Room Tip: Only good for a place to crash, don't stay if you need quiet, cleanliness or internet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Angie A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - San Antonio NW Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for comments regarding your experience with the Candlewood Suites San Antonio. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We do have plans to upgrade our internet in March, which will drastically increase the speed.
It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I arrived at Candlewood after 11pm, and was greeted by SJ....... Can I just say OMG! He was the friendliest person I've ever encountered while checking in....at ANY hotel. (And I travel a lot!) I felt he went above and beyond to accommodate the customer (myself). Okay, so the facilities are run down and needs major remodeling, but I guess he kind of made up for that. The rooms are modern, flat top 2-burner stove and a nice microwave....but a refrigerator from the 70s and a recliner chair from that same era as well. Both the AC/heating unit and fridge are noisy. I've stayed at many Candlewood Properties, and I have to say this is the worst in terms of cleanliness, decor, and layout. I definitely would not consider staying more than one night and I would NOT pay the advertised price. (I received a great airline ticket/hotel package deal with my airline which is why I rated value as "excellent".) The location is a little tricky because its sorta' hidden behind businesses, but if you drive slow you won't miss it.

But back to SJ. I never asked him, but I certainly hope he is some type of manager with this facility. You just don't get the type of customer service he displayed/offered anymore......anywhere. (In my opinion.)

Room Tip: Don't book through the hotel's website. Yes you'll miss out on your priority rewards poi...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback concerning your stay at our hotel and for the compliments you directed toward SJ, one of our staff members. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Location hard to find. Staff acted like extra from "Night of the living dead". No smile no friendly "hello". Just check you in. I've been to several Candle wood Suites but this one leaves a lot to be desired. Though just remodeled in Feb, room was nicely completed complete with free dust on the tables and lamps. Room came with a recliner that was just placed at the foot of the bed. It didn't fit in size or with the decor.

• Stayed: November 2012

Your comments regarding the poor service you received at our hotel are very important to us. We want customers to enjoy staying at Candlewood Suites NW Medical Center, so your report of a less than delightful experience with one of our staff members is a serious concern for us. You deserve only the best service, especially when you visit Candlewood Suites. Thank you for reporting this incident.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our family really enjoyed this hotel during our Summer vacation in San Antonio! The rooms are really nice, modern and clean. The full kitchens were so convenient to cook meals instead of spending lots of money on dinning out. All the employees were extremely friendly and always had a smile on their face. We will definetly be back next year and will recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: June 2012
Theresa T, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - San Antonio NW Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Billy, Thank you so much for your kind compliments! We are already looking forward to welcoming you back next summer.

Management of Candlewood Suites NW Medical Center San Antonio

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here for our Worldwide Discipleship Summit! 4-8(WDS 2012)The hotel staff was very friendly, Hope and SJ, really make our kids happy!!! All they wanted to do was go back to the hotel.
The pictures speak for themselves. I will recommend this hotel to all. By the way I am a ihg employee PC Lounge associate.

Room Tip: A room over looking the pool
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dinah,

Your personalized letter to our staff that we received in the mail, was indeed one of the kindest items we have received to date. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to visit us.

Candlewood Suites NW Medical Center San Antonio