“Give them a chance!”

Candlewood Suites - San Antonio NW Medical Center
Ranked #219 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here for our Worldwide Discipleship Summit! 4-8(WDS 2012)The hotel staff was very friendly, Hope and SJ, really make our kids happy!!! All they wanted to do was go back to the hotel.
The pictures speak for themselves. I will recommend this hotel to all. By the way I am a ihg employee PC Lounge associate.

Room Tip: A room over looking the pool
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Theresa T, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - San Antonio NW Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dinah,

Your personalized letter to our staff that we received in the mail, was indeed one of the kindest items we have received to date. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to visit us.

Candlewood Suites NW Medical Center San Antonio

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I couldn't believe the look of my car the next morning some of my luggage was missing and hotel didn't show any concern. Will never stay here again!!!!

P.S we'll miss u max

• Stayed: June 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - San Antonio NW Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dear Juan77751,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We reserved 3 rooms for 2 nights for a family trip to Fiesta Texas. The rooms were clean, and the kitchen facilities were convenient for having snacks and a quick breakfast for the kids. Pool was well maintained. Michael at the front desk was very helpful. Only one elevator was working during the time we were there, and the ice maker in the refrigerator was not operating. I would stay here again if I needed this location.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Donna,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We have received a lot of compliments on our amenities and we love being able to let our future guests be aware of what we have to offer!

Management of Candlewood Suites NW Medical Center San Antonio

Reviewed February 4, 2012

Well, I've been here for over a month now. I think the reviews that are bad are for a DIFFERENT Candlewood at a different location. This place is awesome. Bed bugs?? Gimmie a break. Some perks hee include free laundry with front loaders, a 24 hour pantry full of snacks and stuff, free coffee, fitness center and even a propane grill outside. They have different room styles. I've been booking off of Travelocity for a great price. The kitchenette has all the stuff you need including decent pots and pans, toaster, bowls, etc. Even a dishwasher. The bed is super comfy - This is an extended stay so housekeeping doesn't come every single day unless you ask. If you need anything from garbage bags, to dish soap, to fresh towels, the people at the desk will give it to you and are quite nice. If you want to get a really good price for this, let me know and I'll be happy to tell you how I'm doing it. Oh, in February, they are doing a giant renovation. I won't be here for it but according to their signs, it's pretty awesome. Last thing: Cable. They use Dish Network here and so it has cut out once or twice during big storms. No big deal and the internet has never gone out. You get a lot of HBO channels, News Networks but no Comedy Central. This place has been great!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Theresa T, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - San Antonio NW Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Kelly,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We appreciate your honest feedback. We hope to you have you back now that our Renovations are complete so that you can enjoy the beautiful Suites first hand!

Candlewood Suites NW Medical Center San Antonio Management

Reviewed May 15, 2011

Hotels r nice n clean...but 2nd night our car was broken into and can't file claim with insurance cus signs r posted saying they're not responsible for damages done to cars. How ur car get broken into when they have security driven around???? Its probably them who did it
Owell had nothn important in there! I will nevr stay there again

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank tlucio
Reviewed January 16, 2011

I'll keep this short and sweet.

1. Paper thin walls (got to listen to a screaming todler all night)
2. Rude and invasive front desk (you can't just give them your addy they need to physically grab your card and record your personal info (including your drivers license number)
3. I process credit cards all the time and no one needs a drivers license number. They gave me a lame excuse about privacy and fraud protection not wanting to discuss my address as somebody in the lobby could be listening. Why not just fill out a card like everyone else?

The rates are cheap however you get what you pay for. Skip this hotel and try Homewood or the new Drury Plaza.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I prepaid for my trip. After arriving, I wished I had not so I could switch hotels. When we pulled up to the hotel it was a little scary because the hotel does not appear to be in the best of neighborhoods. It is a very industrial area with abandoned buildings. I do not live in an upscale neighborhood myself, however, I did not expect to not feel comfortable walking out the my car in the parking lot at night. I had viewed the pictures online of the suites and it was very misleading because it does not specify which suite you're looking at. I walked into a much smaller suite than I thought I had booked and was disappointed right away.

When looking for a hotel for my trip I wanted one with an outdoor pool. This hotel has one. It is not the largest pool, but that is fine. I was, however, really frustrated by a few important things....1. The pool towels are so small they could be considered hand towels. 2. They have a couple tables with umbrellas by the pool which are nice. However, no pool lounging chairs.....Maybe it's just me, but I've NEVER been to a hotel that doesn't have these by their pool. They do have grills for you to grill out which is cool.

I booked us for 6 nights and this hotel only has room service come once a week. That seems a bit too long when the suites have kitchens and you can generate quite a bit of trash. (Not to mention their trash bags are pointless and rip so easily I ended up using bags from Walmart because they were stronger!) The website was also not specific about their "full kitchen". I guess I expected more than two plates, two cups, two forks, etc. The "full kitchen" also did not include an oven, so much for the "full kitchen" part.

I also accidentally prepaid for an extra night we did not need. I did not expect my money back, but something would've been nice. I left something behind at the hotel and it was a hassle to get it shipped---at my expense of course. $40 to ship my item is ridiculous!!!! I called the day we checked out and was told I had to give a credit card number to have it shipped, but they didn't know how much it would be. I waited three days with no return call. I did get the information I needed when I called back, but still $40 is steep when my item is not heavy and can be squeezed into a small box. I have not received the item yet, but I can't help but feeling a bit taken by this hotel.

Also, I signed up for the rewards program and when I signed in found out that I am only getting credit for 5 nights, even though I paid for the 6th night but did not use it. Once again, feeling taken.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business