“Rooms Ned to b checked out after room service”

Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport
Ranked #211 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Water bugs and filthy kitchen were not good.we were very disappointed in having to clean up the room before we could settle in also adequate parking spaces were short.I would definitely double check each room for cleanliness and be sure no dead bugs are all over floor and inside fixtures. I bagged the bugs and took them to the front desk upon checkout time. We travel a lot and really like ur places but if we encounter the problems again we probably would askforrefund in which we believe we should be compensated for the bugs filth of kitchen. Also some chairs need repairing. The check in guy was very nice but we had to wait outside about 10 minute at 12:30am. As I said we travel a lot and would like to continue to use your place but if they aren't clean and bug free were not interested. The parking was very inadequate even if the Spurs were playing. I think all immenities should also be already in the room. No need for staff to hand deliver. Please respond to us because we really liked your facilities the first stay. This time it was a 360 in the wrong direction.

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

My family would never stay here ever again. We could not shower without flip flops on. Stains were everywhere on floor and furniture. We did not expect a top of the line room, but this room wasn't clean anywhere.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed in one of the First floor rooms on our trip to San Antonio during Memorial day long weekend. Being the Customer of Extended Stay(my Compnay even has has Corporate discount here) for many years, I went it without checking reviews with my 1 year old baby. That's the big mistake :( The room was infected with Beetles and can you imagine about 20 beetles in a room? That made our night of hunting Beetles, and we could not let our baby to step out of bed. There were beetles all around the property outside as well. The Front desk person cant help and she said there was no one to attend now, and they will come 9 am next day! More to follow- Hot water did not come in our room, and all my Family members have to take cold bath. Again- Front desk person said, she is the only person in there, and cant attend us that time! Then, when we returned to Hotel at 1 am, our Entry Access card did not work(the same happened to our friend who stayed in another room), Reason we were told is- the strip gets erased when we keep the card next to magnetic surfaces(not sure what we did anyway, but we should have been told earlier). So overall, pathetic stay, worst of all the hotels I have ever stayed. I will be sure to write the matter to my company not to endorse such hotels.

Room Tip: Avoid this kind of room & service to have peaceful stay at San Antonio.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ram S
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Great hotel for the price. Located in a quiet area and not too far from where we wanted to go. Gladdys and Gloria were very nice and friendly. A/C in our room was super cold! Really enjoyed our stay and hoping to come back real soon.

Room Tip: If you are just needing a room to sleep in like we did, this is a good choice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I loved how simple everything was checking in, asking questions, and checking out. The price was far below other locations in the area and I couldn't be happier with the room. I appreciated the kitchen area that all of their rooms have. Plus, any shopping you could ever want is around that area!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. I am so pleased to know that your check-in and check-out processes were quick and easy. As well, I’m happy to hear that our kitchen and our location met your travel needs. Thank you again for your comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I went on Priceline and did the one where you can't see which hotel you're getting until after it's purchased. I don't mind taking my chances if I can save some money. Well when I got the confirmation that it was this hotel I went to read the reviews to see what I was up against. All I could find was people saying bugs bugs and more bugs. I was seriously expecting to sleep on top of the covers with my own pillow and blanket, hover the toilet, and wear shoes in the shower. Well let me just say when I walked into my room I was so confused about everyone's reviews. It was clean, bug free and the bath tub was just fine. My family and I slept under the covers and didn't encounter 1 bug. This place was great for the price. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank CalieAnn
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our hotel and your stay with us. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room. Our goal is to provide a "home away from home" experience, so I am pleased we were able to provide that for you.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Staff was okay but I couldn't get up at night without stepping on silverfish and/or cockroaches. The grounds were trashy and the laundry room was filthy. Kitchen was not well supplied - 1 fork, no sharp knives, 1 skillet and 1 pot (cheap aluminium). I booked for 12 nights and left after 4.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

LeeAnn - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that the level of cleanliness throughout our hotel was not in line with our company's high standards. In response to your feedback, I am working with our staff to enhance our cleaning services and am going to be providing our guest rooms with a deep clean. This will ensure that this type of situation is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at bit@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.