Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport
Ranked #231 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
“Bugs!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The kitchen light didn't work, there were no batteries in the remote for the TV, it smelled so bad I left the windows open and bought a candle, I woke to bug bites around my ankles and a beetle on the pillow next to me. When I reported all these issues, there was no offer to discount the price of my stay and the manager was pretty nonchalant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Kari - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that the light and remote control for the television in your room were not working properly. I was also disappointed to hear about the level of cleanliness in your room. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have reviewed your comments with my staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at bit@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I am here for work for 2 weeks. My room was not clean when I moved in. The counter tops, dresser, nightstands were all dirty. The microwave had spatters and crumbs inside. The stove top had food drippings stuck on and there were drips down the cabinets and spatters on the walls. The walls are not clean and need painting. There are cobwebs; the carpet has stains. My pillows smelled like cigarette smoke. I asked for new pillows and they did give me some new ones that don't smell.
The location is good with stores and lots of restaurants near by.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Simply superb! It had the perfect location, it's surrounded by restaurant plus it had a mini kitchen. The staff, flawless, extremely friendly. The price ridiculously fair.
Jean C. Aka h34tw4vdem
To certify this review.

• Stayed March 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Jean - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel and the staff. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

There is plenty of room for improvement. We were made to feel uncomfortable when we asked for and upgrade and were denied the upgrade. The bathrooms were dirty and the bathtub did not drain. The rooms were not cleaned even once during our 5 day stay.

• Stayed April 2013
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America San Antonio - Airport. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. I do regret that our housekeeping schedule was not made clearer to you when you made your reservation, since that might have prevented your being inconvenienced. As is true with all Extended Stay Hotels(sm), our hotel provides one full housekeeping service after every seven days stayed. In addition, for guests who require more than our standard service, we offer extra daily services for an additional nominal fee. Operating this way allows us to continue offering our suites at outstanding rates, and still provide our guests with the exact number of housekeeping services they prefer. I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Additionally, prior to making any room available, we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed for five months and loved it everyone was always helpful and the hotel was always clean inside and out. It was very close to everything you could need as well as fort sam Houston where my wife was stationed you can be on base in 15 minutes max

• Stayed January 2013
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America San Antonio - Airport. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while visiting my nephew in Fort Sam Houston. Found a deal online that was too good to pass up otherwise I wouldn't have considered Extended Stay America. It was about 15-20 minutes to the Riverwalk and about the same to the base. Around 35 minutes toSeaWorld. Great restaurants around the area along with the Alamo Quarry shops. The rooms have kitchenettes but I would definitely bring your own pan and utensils. You get what you pay for so don't expect a big soft bed (it was more like sleeping on the floor). Make sure you ask for non-smoking!! They booked us in 2 smoking rooms and were going to move us the next day and our luggage still smelled like cigarettes a day later! Gladys at the front desk was great! She was very accommodating even helped it's a print out SeaWorld passes, though they don't have a business center.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank lidale11
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America San Antonio - Airport. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies. We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.