“Average Room”

Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport
Ranked #254 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Simply superb! It had the perfect location, it's surrounded by restaurant plus it had a mini kitchen. The staff, flawless, extremely friendly. The price ridiculously fair.
Jean C. Aka h34tw4vdem
To certify this review.

• Stayed March 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Jean - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel and the staff. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

There is plenty of room for improvement. We were made to feel uncomfortable when we asked for and upgrade and were denied the upgrade. The bathrooms were dirty and the bathtub did not drain. The rooms were not cleaned even once during our 5 day stay.

• Stayed April 2013
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America San Antonio - Airport. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. I do regret that our housekeeping schedule was not made clearer to you when you made your reservation, since that might have prevented your being inconvenienced. As is true with all Extended Stay Hotels(sm), our hotel provides one full housekeeping service after every seven days stayed. In addition, for guests who require more than our standard service, we offer extra daily services for an additional nominal fee. Operating this way allows us to continue offering our suites at outstanding rates, and still provide our guests with the exact number of housekeeping services they prefer. I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Additionally, prior to making any room available, we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed for five months and loved it everyone was always helpful and the hotel was always clean inside and out. It was very close to everything you could need as well as fort sam Houston where my wife was stationed you can be on base in 15 minutes max

• Stayed January 2013
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America San Antonio - Airport. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while visiting my nephew in Fort Sam Houston. Found a deal online that was too good to pass up otherwise I wouldn't have considered Extended Stay America. It was about 15-20 minutes to the Riverwalk and about the same to the base. Around 35 minutes toSeaWorld. Great restaurants around the area along with the Alamo Quarry shops. The rooms have kitchenettes but I would definitely bring your own pan and utensils. You get what you pay for so don't expect a big soft bed (it was more like sleeping on the floor). Make sure you ask for non-smoking!! They booked us in 2 smoking rooms and were going to move us the next day and our luggage still smelled like cigarettes a day later! Gladys at the front desk was great! She was very accommodating even helped it's a print out SeaWorld passes, though they don't have a business center.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank lidale11
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America San Antonio - Airport. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies. We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Other than that it was a cute room setup, good price, and convenient location. The "non-smoking" room smelled like a cross between pesticide and old smoke. The bathroom smelled like fresh cigarette smoke. The ventilation system appeared to be connected with the room of someone else who was smoking. However the bathroom light and vent are on the same switch, so there was no way to disable the vent.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you can deal with a smelly room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America-San Antonio - Airport. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we designate certain rooms for smokers and the rest for non-smokers. Guests who request non-smoking rooms should always be placed in an available non-smoking room and rooms that previous guest have smoked in, should be treated so the next guest does not experience this situation. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed at this extended stay hotel for 3 weeks while I transferred into a new position with my company and found a place to reside. This hotel has two things going for it. First, it is pet friendly, the second is the day manager, Gladys. She was exceptional; she was smart and helpful about helping me get oriented in San Antonio, and with room issues. When I posed questions to the other managers/receptionist I pretty much got a dear in the headlights look. The room was smaller than other efficincies I've stayed in, but was clean and, with a couple of exceptions, was in good order. I found the bed very comfortable. The water pressure was poor and the shower did not work well, In fact it turned out the shower head was broken. Also the water was not very hot - only about luke warm. There was also no fitness room, restaurant, nor breakfast bar. However, some great restaurants are nearby, and they are adding a continental breakfast & coffee counter. That should improve things. Also, the grocery store is just a couple of blocks up the street, and there's a great coffee shop in the same shopping center. A Target store is even closer - within walking distance.

Room Tip: My room on the North side facing the bank building was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead San Antonio - Airport. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about Gladys. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable. Despite our high quality control measures, I understand that you were given a room with a problem with the showerhead, hot water and water pressure issues. I have acted to prevent the recurrence of such an incident by retraining our staff on how to monitor the showerhead and water issues during routine inspections. We would never intentionally make a room available when it does not have a fully functional shower , so we are grateful that you brought this issue to our attention. Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.