“Good overall for price.”

Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport
Ranked #203 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while visiting my nephew in Fort Sam Houston. Found a deal online that was too good to pass up otherwise I wouldn't have considered Extended Stay America. It was about 15-20 minutes to the Riverwalk and about the same to the base. Around 35 minutes toSeaWorld. Great restaurants around the area along with the Alamo Quarry shops. The rooms have kitchenettes but I would definitely bring your own pan and utensils. You get what you pay for so don't expect a big soft bed (it was more like sleeping on the floor). Make sure you ask for non-smoking!! They booked us in 2 smoking rooms and were going to move us the next day and our luggage still smelled like cigarettes a day later! Gladys at the front desk was great! She was very accommodating even helped it's a print out SeaWorld passes, though they don't have a business center.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank lidale11
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America San Antonio - Airport. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies. We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Other than that it was a cute room setup, good price, and convenient location. The "non-smoking" room smelled like a cross between pesticide and old smoke. The bathroom smelled like fresh cigarette smoke. The ventilation system appeared to be connected with the room of someone else who was smoking. However the bathroom light and vent are on the same switch, so there was no way to disable the vent.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you can deal with a smelly room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America-San Antonio - Airport. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we designate certain rooms for smokers and the rest for non-smokers. Guests who request non-smoking rooms should always be placed in an available non-smoking room and rooms that previous guest have smoked in, should be treated so the next guest does not experience this situation. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed at this extended stay hotel for 3 weeks while I transferred into a new position with my company and found a place to reside. This hotel has two things going for it. First, it is pet friendly, the second is the day manager, Gladys. She was exceptional; she was smart and helpful about helping me get oriented in San Antonio, and with room issues. When I posed questions to the other managers/receptionist I pretty much got a dear in the headlights look. The room was smaller than other efficincies I've stayed in, but was clean and, with a couple of exceptions, was in good order. I found the bed very comfortable. The water pressure was poor and the shower did not work well, In fact it turned out the shower head was broken. Also the water was not very hot - only about luke warm. There was also no fitness room, restaurant, nor breakfast bar. However, some great restaurants are nearby, and they are adding a continental breakfast & coffee counter. That should improve things. Also, the grocery store is just a couple of blocks up the street, and there's a great coffee shop in the same shopping center. A Target store is even closer - within walking distance.

Room Tip: My room on the North side facing the bank building was very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead San Antonio - Airport. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about Gladys. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable. Despite our high quality control measures, I understand that you were given a room with a problem with the showerhead, hot water and water pressure issues. I have acted to prevent the recurrence of such an incident by retraining our staff on how to monitor the showerhead and water issues during routine inspections. We would never intentionally make a room available when it does not have a fully functional shower , so we are grateful that you brought this issue to our attention. Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

My stay was a long one. I don't usually like hotels with exterior corridors but this hotel is in a great area, close to shopping, restaurants, movies, airport, etc. and I always felt safe here. No security problems at all over the course of many months.
Gladys was outstanding at the desk and she always had a smile and pleasant greeting for everyone. She handled every question or concern with great professionalism and Homestead is indeed fortunate to have her working the desk. My housekeeper was excellent with great attention to detail. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Studio Suites - San Antonio - Airport. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My stay here was brief but service was exceptional!

I had left some clothes and received a call from Gladys who followed up with me.

So much appriciated her kindness.

I'll be staying there again next time in town and other places I find throughout Texas.

Room Tip: Choose non-smoking
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead San Antonio - Airport. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotel locations."

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Got the chance to stay here in September 2012, found it by accident (luckily) excellent location, clean rooms, even had a stove and micro, VERY friendly staff, will definitely stay there again. Happy to have found this hidden treasure!

Room Tip: Very clean, nice sitting area outside, Extremely friendly staff, would reccomend !
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead San Antonio - Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our trip to San Antonio, over Labor Day weekend 2012, included a stay at Homestead Studio Suites.

Firstly, we were quite pleased with the outside area where we could join the other members of our party and socialize. Though we didn’t utilize the BBQ pits, we loved the idea of it being available in case we decided to use them. To sit outside, relax and enjoy each other’s company was refreshing after a long day of traveling.

Inside, we found the rooms to serve our purposes ,nicely. We were basically just there to sleep and there was a bed to sleep in, so that worked for us. It was good to see the bathroom in our room was being updated. It was bright and clean. The kitchen area had plenty of storage which we would have utilized if our stay had been longer.

It was also great that the hotel was so close to many stores and restaurants. We didn’t need to travel far to buy things that we needed or to eat at restaurants that we wished to.

In short, our stay at Homestead Studio Suites served our needs!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead San Antonio - Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.