“They treat you like family”

Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport
Ranked #196 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My stay was a long one. I don't usually like hotels with exterior corridors but this hotel is in a great area, close to shopping, restaurants, movies, airport, etc. and I always felt safe here. No security problems at all over the course of many months.
Gladys was outstanding at the desk and she always had a smile and pleasant greeting for everyone. She handled every question or concern with great professionalism and Homestead is indeed fortunate to have her working the desk. My housekeeper was excellent with great attention to detail. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Studio Suites - San Antonio - Airport. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My stay here was brief but service was exceptional!

I had left some clothes and received a call from Gladys who followed up with me.

So much appriciated her kindness.

I'll be staying there again next time in town and other places I find throughout Texas.

Room Tip: Choose non-smoking
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead San Antonio - Airport. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotel locations."

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Got the chance to stay here in September 2012, found it by accident (luckily) excellent location, clean rooms, even had a stove and micro, VERY friendly staff, will definitely stay there again. Happy to have found this hidden treasure!

Room Tip: Very clean, nice sitting area outside, Extremely friendly staff, would reccomend !
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead San Antonio - Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our trip to San Antonio, over Labor Day weekend 2012, included a stay at Homestead Studio Suites.

Firstly, we were quite pleased with the outside area where we could join the other members of our party and socialize. Though we didn’t utilize the BBQ pits, we loved the idea of it being available in case we decided to use them. To sit outside, relax and enjoy each other’s company was refreshing after a long day of traveling.

Inside, we found the rooms to serve our purposes ,nicely. We were basically just there to sleep and there was a bed to sleep in, so that worked for us. It was good to see the bathroom in our room was being updated. It was bright and clean. The kitchen area had plenty of storage which we would have utilized if our stay had been longer.

It was also great that the hotel was so close to many stores and restaurants. We didn’t need to travel far to buy things that we needed or to eat at restaurants that we wished to.

In short, our stay at Homestead Studio Suites served our needs!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead San Antonio - Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed 3 times be for this trip. The last time was in 2011 spring. There were good. But this time the place was run down. The office state was very good and tried there best. I put the blame on the owner's and the corporation. Found roaches in the room. When I walk on the rug in my white socks, they became black in no time. The rugs were bad. The staffed did wash the rugs, but it should not haven gotten to that point. The bath room flooring was stand and unable to be cleaned. This place needs a over hall. I have photos, but will not post them. I will send them to the corporation home office. Sorry

• Stayed: August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I was looking for a good deal since I was planning to stay a couple weeks visiting my husband at Lackland AFB, big mistake picking this place. Walking in I was immediately regreting staying here. The place was covered in dirt, carpet was extremely dirty. I just couldnt believe how much dirt was in this place. Years and years of dirt accumulated. We complained right away and they had the cleaning lady come in and vacuum. She literally vacuumed one spot and left. The next morning, we woke up to a gigantic cockroach climbing up the wall from the head of the bed. We also found a couple of crickets on the side of the bed. We killed them and cleaned up the place ourselves. Took a drive to get some food, when we came back, there was a small lizard there to greet us near the closet. This place was absolutely horrible, infested with all kinds of bugs and filth. The management was no help what so ever!! You definitely get what you pay for.

Room Tip: No room is good around here. Do not stay here!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank khris R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Reviewed July 5, 2012

The room they gave us was really small, It was clean, and the bed was just okay, There were no amenities, but did have wi-fi. And there were dishes and pots and pans, and silverware in the cupboards, the plus to this place was, they actually provided dish soap, and even Bisquick and butter. Thats not normal. I have never seen that before. The staff was nice. They originally gave us a floor on the second floor and saw that we had children then moved us to the bottom level. Also the original room they gave us, the door didn't shut/lock.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead San Antonio - Airport. It is with great pride that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at affordable rates, which is why it was great to read your kind words about the room. However, given the issues you had during your stay, it was with equally great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have the apologies of my entire staff that we were not able to totally satisfy you.

It is my pleasure to provide you with an explanation regarding your concern about our amenities. Our company is known for providing great rooms at great rates, without some of the fluff that you find at other hotels. Items like "complimentary" shampoos and conditioners are not really complimentary; you do wind up paying for it in the nightly rate. Although we don't place extra amenities into a guest room prior to check-in, we do have a limited supply of sundries available upon request at the front desk. We operate this way because it lets us continue to provide our guests with quality accommodations at an exceptional price. I do regret that we were not able to communicate to you exactly what you could expect before you arrived.