“The Absolute Best Steakhouse in SA”
Review of Ounce Prime Steakhouse - CLOSED

Ounce Prime Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Far North Central
Cross street: Blanco & 1604
USA
“The Absolute Best Steakhouse in SA”
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Outrageously Expensive. Outrageously Good Food. Outrageously Wonderful Service

San Antonio, Texas
“Great steak, fabulous wine, great ambience.”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We didn't know anything about this restaurant when we passed by it on Loop 1604. We dropped by without a reservation and the hostess was happy to seat our group of 6. We didn't get a prime table, but our servers and the food made up for it. All but one of us chose the "Angus" cut of meat. Our steaks were perfect. The bacon topped mac and cheese was to die for. Don't fill up on the delish rolls. We WILL be back - and will make a reservation!

San Antonio
“We left satisfied”
Reviewed July 1, 2009

I read the reviews about this restaurant before going. I was pleasantly surprised. There was averaged priced wine as well as better wines. There was a wonderful bread that they kept plying me with. I sampled appetizers from several of the plates of my friends and the only thing I wasn't crazy about was the chicken lollipops. The steaks were really good but you have to pay extra for the Prime version over the house version. If you can afford the difference, it is worth it. I had a sample of the house filet as well as my prime filet. The prime was vastly superior. There was a decent looking dessert menu but I had filled up on bread so that I was not in the mood for a dessert but they did look good.

I would recommend this restaurant if you want to spend some money on a nice meal. If you want go to this restaurant and eat cheap, you would be better served picking a Salt Grass or some other chain steak house. If they keep their bread recipe...it is so good it doesn't even need butter.

McAllen
“Not great”
Reviewed February 16, 2009

Took my girlfriend here for Valentine's Day as not much had openings. We often drove by it wondering how it'd be. From their website and pricing, we thought it'd be outstanding. It was just sort of blah. My steak had nice texture, but not much juice or flavor to it. Needed to be seasoned, just salt and pepper would've been fine My girlfriend's sea bass was pretty good. Lobster bisque was average, but not anything to brag about. The mac n cheese didn't meet expectations, though we're harsh critics in this department. I wasn't a big fan of sitting upstairs next to a big glass window overlooking the restaurant. It's like we were on a ledge the whole time and were distracted by the goings on below us.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook