Wyndham Riverside Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
Riverwalk Vista(San Antonio)
  • Restaurant
All reviewshistoric buildingcollege streetwashing machinewasher dryer combothe river walkcity lotfresh cookiesjetted tubfull kitchenliterally stepssmall kitchenchristmas lightscan't beat the locationpull out couchlaundry facilitiesawesome locationironing board
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 14, 2010

Historic 1928 structure many rooms with balcony view overlooking Riverwalk near Landrys. Our room with sitting area and compact kitchenette was on 7th penthouse level with a spiral narrow staircase to 8th floor bedroom with queen bed. If you are not able to climb stairs reguest single floor room. Christmas season wonderful view lights and music from river boats. Staff friendly and great especially David the conceriege. Unload your car in hard to see at night entrance, park in city garage for $9 a night, take only cash or check. Wyndham provides daytime shuttle to major places. Wyndham La Cascada more modern and roomy close by, we prefer Riverside for it's "character."

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RichDar
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Yes, the hotel is on the River Walk which would be ideal except:

1. no parking
2. air conditioning or shall I say no air conditioning. This place has what they call chillers so it does not get cool at all in the units.
3. terrible musty smell.
4. washer/dryer. They have the LG ones that are supposed to save money. You know... the ones they have in Europe. One load is supposed to take 4 hours since it washes and dries. However, it took 7 hours before it stopped and the clothes were still wet. According to their maintenance people, that is normal. After you take your "damp" clothes out of the dryer you have to hang them up to dry. Does wonders for the musty smell.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank travelgirl92118
Reviewed August 16, 2010

The problems are numerous with this hotel so let me begin from the outside and work my way to the inside. The hotel entrance is located on an alley and is not anywhere you would want your young kids to be. There is not even a driveway to pull through to drop off your luggage. Their is a dumpster right outside the door. Another big problem is it is located next to a club that pounds music all night long on the weekend. You have to walk over a block to park. All the hotels around it have their own lots. If I were a single woman I would never never stay here as it did not feel safe to walk from that parking garage after dark.

Now for the inside... It has cement floors that are filthy! My kids feet and socks were black by the end of the stay. It was disgusting! The building is very old and is really showing it's age. The bedrooms do not have windows and the bathrooms are very small. The caulking around the tub has mold. Really gross! The floor of the bathroom has large indentations that could cause an older person to fall. There are rust stains all over the floor. The fixtures are dusty.

To get even worse the air conditioning went out the night we got there. They did get it fixed after midnight, but it got to 83 degrees in our room. Very uncomfortable. Our room never got below 75. The workman came and tried to fix it. When he pulled off the panel it was filled with water and the filter was filthy. This place has really been neglected.

There are only 2 positives about this place which is the riverwalk location, but most of all the staff. The staff are really lovely people that are trying to do their best. I can say they tried to be attentive as best they could. They are renovating right now and so this may help, but I would avoid staying here for a good long while. The air conditioning situation may not change even though the place will be renovated.

There is no pool, fitness center or restaurant. However, there are a number of restaurants close by.

I really rely on Tripadvisor to help me determine where to stay. Please avoid this place or you will be very disappointed. There are so many other places to stay in San Antonio that there is no need to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank momof3crazykids
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We exchanged our timeshare week through Interval International for a week at the Wyndham Riverside Suites. I traveled with my husband & two sons (9 & 2 yrs). I was reluctant at first after reading previous reviews. However, my husband told me to keep an open mind & I'm glad i did. We stayed in a 1bdrm suite, with full-size kitchen, pull-out sofa, dining table. Our room overlooked the Riverwalk & Presa St...which was great! My kids had fun watching the Riverboat Tours go by & the horse carriage rides pass on Presa St. This is definately an urban resort. It does not have an activity center for the kids, no pool, no fitness center. Guests are able to use the pool at Wyndham St. Anthony's up the Riverwalk. Housekeeping came daily to empty the trash. We enjoyed having a washer/dryer for the towels since they did not come bring clean towels. However, we did request another set of towels after our 3rd or 4th night. Parking is a block away. This was never a problem being that you had to walk everywhere anyways. We paid $15/day thru the hotel otherwise it's $8/upon each exit if you pay the parking garage personnel. We even got 2 FREE adult tickets to SeaWorld after taking the timeshare tour at Lacascada. It was a nice resort but didn't compare to the one we already own. So we only had to pay for my 9 yr old to get in to SeaWorld...FABULOUS! My husband enjoyed eating his cereal each morning on the patio which overlooks the Riverwalk & is open to all who stay in the resort. It's on the 3rd floor & is open until 10pm. There is only one elevator which makes the 1st floor waiting room a little crowded on checkin & checkout days, but all other days it didn't seem to be a problem. We cooked in the kitchen during our stay & could even smell what others were cooking as we walked down the halls. The staff was very friendly. My husband loved the idea of staying in the center of downtown. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2010

I just returned from staying at this historic hotel with six other ladies. We had two, two bedroom units that more than accomodated our needs. Each unit had two bedrooms , three baths, a large living area and a kitchen. Just what we needed for our friend's birthday celebration. Everything was clean, clean , clean. The staff could not be more accomodating. They recommended the best resturants and sites to see. They even provided coupons for several events. There is no better location for the price. We all said that we will return.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends