“Outstanding Hospitality”

Wyndham Riverside Suites
Ranked #176 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The entrance location is not ideal. However, proximity to the River Walk is excellent. The front deck Representative was excellent. The conceierge, David, is excellent. This is an older building, very unique, comfortable and nicely remodeled. Unit was clean, well equipped with nice amenities. The TV cable was not good. The WiFi was not good. I connected to Landry's downstairs which by the way has a great Happy Hour. i would recommend this property.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MountainFreser

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were two couples with a one year old. This was the only 2 bedroom unit we could find in close proximity to the river walk. It was advertised as a penthouse unit on the 7th (top floor) with a river walk view and a Jacuzzi on the balcony. The room was on the top floor however it was a 2 story unit with one bedroom/bathroom downstairs with a very small living area and kitchenette and one bedroom/bathroom upstairs with a balcony and a two person Jacuzzi on the balcony. There was a very partial view of the lights of the river walk but mainly you just saw a bridge. I can't imagine any of the other rooms would have a better view of the river. The room was clean and reasonably priced. There was nothing deceptive about it with the exception of the river view only being partial. Some tips I would offer would be to call first to get parking instructions, get ice when are about 5 miles away (it takes a hour or so for the ice maker to make ice, there is no where in walking distance to get ice) You are given a parking pass for $12 a day. There is no other place to park and no valet.

Room Tip: Some tips I would offer would be to call first to get parking instructions, get ice when are about 5...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Dave W
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Certainly not the stay I expected at a Wyndham resort. One small awning marked the resort. There was a very smelly dumpster less than 30 feet from the main entrance to the resort. The room was ok but had no windows in either bedroom. First problem a/c not working in bedrooms. Next TV poor reception in living area. Maintenance responded quickly, by passed the DVD player to improve the picture on the TV the attempt to fix the a/c proved unsuccessful. Upon returning from dinner we greeted by the sound and feel (pounding bass) from the 2 night clubs on the other side of the wall adjoining the next building. Needless to say the music went on until 2 am. No a/c in the bedrooms and no sleep from the noise had one member of our party popping nitro for his heart by morning. They left by 10 am instead of staying another night. Your staff was very nice and we were transfer to another room for the second night. HOWEVER WHAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF IS THAT WHEN I PHONED TO REGISTER MY COMPLAINT WITH YOUR CORPORATE OFFICE/RESERVATIONS AND VERY NICE PERSON TOOK THE COMPLAINT AND SAID I WOULD RECEIVE A CALL WITHIN IN 48 HOURS. MY CELL IS ON 24 HOURS A DAY....... A SATISFIED CUSTOMER WILL TELL A FRIEND, AN UNHAPPY CUSTOMER TELLS EVERYONE HE KNOWS.

An Unhappy customer

JEC

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank jec901
Reviewed July 28, 2013

You can't ask for a better location. This hotel is right on the Riverwalk right in the middle of everything. It's just a few minutes walk to anything in the area.

Although the hotel is not as new or fancy as some of the other hotels the rooms are nice and comfortable. It doesn't have amenities like pool, gym, etc but the location makes up for it.

The entrance is a little tricky to find as it's on College Street, the small road that runs behind the building.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank lucky_3_17
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Great location, clean, nice people(Thanks David) . Had a suite overlooking the river, clean, good ac, nice bed and wonderful pillows. No the place has no amenities, pool, etc, but what a location....great time

Room Tip: not the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gatorpappy
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Very friendly staff, location couldn't have been better. Room exceeded expectations. Older Hotel, but very clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay again! Registration was easy, Concierge was exceedingly helpful. Location is right on the River Walk! \

Parking is off site and at a fee. Hotel entrance small.

Over all very satisfied with Hotel

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Dennis W
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We booked the Wyndham Riverside Suites because it was reasonably priced, and right on the Riverwalk. When we arrived at the front desk to check-in for our stay, we were told that they were overbooked, and that it was the "Extra Holidays" website's fault that we booked through. The Riverside Suites hotel said they could not help us since it wasn't their fault. They gave us a piece of paper that had the information Extra Holidays had given them for us to stay at a cheaper hotel off the Riverwalk in a sketchy part of town, which we refused. We asked if they could help us find another place, and the hotel said they couldn't help us and we had to call Extra Holidays. We spent about 45 minutes on the phone with Extra Holidays, and they couldn't help us find another place, nor would they gaurentee we would get our money back until a manager reviewed our claim. This was a Friday night, and they kept saying someone would get back to us Monday. Needless to say, that didn't help us since we were already in San Antonio trying to find a place to sleep that night. We ended up staying at a another hotel chain. I will never stay at a Wyndham brand hotel as long as I live after that horrible treatment and experience.

Some background:
We called the hotel prior to booking our stay and they told me I had to book online through the Extra Holidays website. I did so, and reserved a room about a month in adance of our stay. I received an immediate confirmation email telling me the room was reserved, and they charged me the full amount of the stay. I received another email reminding me of our upcoming stay about 2 weeks later. I also received two reminder/information letters in the mail about our stay. If they had called me two weeks prior to us showing up, and told me they accidentally overbooked me, I could have at least tried to find another place. Instead, they didn't tell us until we showed up at the hotel after driving a few hours, and the hotel refused to help us since they blamed the online place for the mistake.

Room Tip: Don't know. Got kicked out before we could get into a room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple