“Good Value!!”

Ranked #275 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Kemah, Texas
“Good Value!!”
Reviewed June 2, 2008

My daughter and I went to celebrate my 50th birthday. We took the other reviewer's advice and asked to stay in a room on the office side. We first got a room next to the pool. It was a 2 out of 5 stars for cleanliness. I had to get on line to conduct business. So, I went to the office to buy the online access card (very reasonable for $2.99/day) Couldn't get online service in that room because it was "too far from the office" We changed rooms to one in the same building as the office. Good move, it was MUCH cleaner, 3 out of five stars. The office staff was VERY helpful and friendly (especially Melinda.) They even let me receive a fax free of charge. The trolley to the tourist sights was very handy, about 3 blocks away, at Market Square. The neighborhood was not great, but there is a McDonalds next door, so I felt like we could always run there for help if we needed it (while walking back and forth to the trolley) Decent room, the most basic Motel 6 I have ever stayed at: no kleenexes, no coffee maker (coffee is available in the office until 10AM), no clock, no hair dryer. BUT my 3 night stay with internet was about $150 out the door. Ask for a room in the SAME building as the office on the office side. Also, they let me "check" my laptop at the office whenever we left.

• Liked — Good value
  • Disliked — Bad neighborhood, miniscule pool
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
PA
Reviewed February 22, 2008

Date: 2/22/2008
Reviewer: TripAdvisor Member

We stayed in this motel for 3 nights at the beginning of our Texas trip then 1 night at the end before we flew out. For the price which was about $52 a night including taxes, it was a great value. It is only 2 blocks from Market Square where you can also pick up the trolley to go to Riverwalk for a dollar. However, the Riverwalk is only about 6 blocks away, so we often just walked the distance. Walking to LaVillita and the King William District is also doable. I also liked that we did not have to pay for parking which you have to do for the hotels closer to Riverwalk and our car was easily accessible right outside our door.
The room was large enough and had 2 queen sized beds and the shower worked well. The linens, however, were well worn. I advise one to ask for a room on the office side , as there were a few homeless persons who approached us. They were not aggressive at all. When I expressed some concern, the manager was very helpful and made sure that we had a room on the office side for our last night.
So, in summary, it is not fancy but it's worth the price and the manager was very concerned that we be pleased with our stay.

• Liked — Close to many attractions
  • Disliked — Linens, homeless persons
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
Des Moines, IA
Reviewed January 1, 2007

At first glance the place didn't appear too bad, but things went bad quickly. First, the lady checking us in was on the phone with an insurance company for a personal claim and she made us wait 10 minutes until she was done with that. Next, they left our room door open (not just unlocked, but OPEN) after fixing our bed while we were out during the day. We then noticed the bedspread was stained and not not been washed. Lastly, we had someone knocking at our door at 3 AM and I looked out the peep hole and it was a scary looking man holding a duffle bag. We heard him knock on the next door as well and was demanding to be let in. This was not a good experience to say the least.

We wish there would have been a review also stating that this is not in a very good part of town. I do not recommend this place, especially if you have children.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Everything Else
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not stay here.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple