“You get what you pay for”

WoodSpring Suites San Antonio I-35 North
WoodSpring Suites San Antonio I-35 North
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

First, advertised as $229 a week and after taxes is $264 per week plus a $100 deposit. They have your credit card on file so why charge you a deposit? Doors were slamming most nights. I was there for 3 weeks and had 1 linen exchange done. You can pay $7.99 a week to exchange it at the front desk. Internet access is $10 a week. Basic amenities and you get "nickeled and dimed" for anything else. AC unit above my room dripped onto my unit all night to help keep me awake. I left 3 days ago and am still waiting for my $100 deposit to be refunded to my credit card. Charge you quick and refund slow. The bed was terrible. I was with friends and only slept in my room about 7-8 hours. Front desk is real matter of fact and could be more friendly. It is obvious this chain is only after one thing; your money!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Armyscifiguy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here almost one month from August 2013 to September 2013. This is an extended stay type of hotel. The place is kept very clean, with trash being swept/ picked up daily in the parking lots. The inside hallways were also often vacuumed and mopped. This place is very safe. There are cameras in all the hallways , both front and back parking lots, and in the laundry room. They run a background check to see if you are a registered sex offender.

This place is conveniently located near many restaurants and stores, including an outdoor shopping center called The Forum. It is also almost across the street from a movie theater where I saw some movies.

Now for the negatives. The walls are extremely thin and you can hear everything in the rooms next door. You can also clearly hear everything in all the rooms as you walk down the hallway, without even listening in on the people. There was no one bed studio when I arrived (although I had made a reservation over the internet). I was placed in a two bed room. I didn't object because I was charged the one bed room price. However, later in my stay I was forced to vacate this room and move into a one bed room across the hallway. This was a major inconvenience for me as I had to move all my stuff from one room to another.

Despite the overall cleanliness of the place, my first room had the problem of the circuit breakers tripping whenever I tried turning the lights on (room 322). My second room (room 325) had some type of black gunk on the carpet floor that would stick to my feet. That carpet needs to be thoroughly cleaned or replaced. The beds here are fairly hard, but I was able to adapt and get some sleep.

I stayed here because I had just moved to San Antonio for a job and needed to stay somewhere while I got an apartment. This place serves that purpose fairly well, but is far from perfect. Despite this, this was the best value I could find overall in terms of extended stay hotels. It only costs $271.49 weekly ($229 + tax).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Anonymous322
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I exhausted all avenues and spent weeks looking for an affordable place for myself and my husband as we were both relocated to the area...I got to the hotel early and expected them to tell me I'd have to wait until 3p (normal check in time, I had arrived before 11) but without fail I was checked in and in my room in a matter of minutes! I have traveled a lot for work and for the military, NEVER have I experienced this level of customer service before at a hotel. The entire staff actually care about your needs are extremely helpful and patient when you need anything or have an issue which takes them no time at all to handle. The after hours lady was so patient with us, after finding out she'd been there for just over a week, lets just say I was beyond impressed that even though the office itself was closed, I feel she went out of her way to make us feel at home, I really don't understand these horrible reviews, I just don't agree...Everything is clearly stated at check in and on the website, as far as the complaints go, they are not justified (nobody hit on either one of us and they are very respectful and professional!!) Lastly, there are no "disgusting" ppl here just several work crews who come in around 9 or so but settle down quickly....best thing to do is just come experience it for yourself ... not only will I recommend this place, but I will be back to stay when I return to this area~

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kay M
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The people that run this place are disgusting. Not only do they hit on your boyfriend but the service is horrible! I've called and complained about the loud noise in the room above and they don't do anything about it! The lady said it wasn't after hours so she couldn't say anything to them..it was 9pm...the rooms aren't anything special for the price they are charging..maid hasn't been here in two weeks and when I asked for new towels they argued with me about why I needed them! They don't supply toilet paper, or trash bags. The people that stay here are trash. The washer and dryer expenses aren't included in the outrageous rent. $1.50 for wash and 1.50 for dry. The after hours lady talks bad crap about everyone that lives here and basically complains about doing her job...which is helping customers when their cards don't work..and it happens VERY OFTEN. This place is a piece of crap. Stay away. I'm considering paying $70 a night for a comfort suites just because I know..the trash can't afford to stay longer than one night.

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed at this Value Place for 2-1/2 weeks, and found it just fine, despite the recent negative reviews we'd read before we went. It was clean, quiet, and felt safe. The staff was polite and helpful. But, you have to understand that you are in a economical extended-stay hotel, not at the Ritz-Carlton. No one will come in and change your sheets and towels every day -- it's every other week, unless you pay extra. The hotel supplies the first roll of toilet paper -- if you run out, you buy your own. You pay an extra $7/week if you want wifi. However, if you understand what you are paying for, it can be a very satisfactory place to stay. Each room has a full refrigerator, a sink, and a two-burner stove-top. You can pay for dishes and pots and pans, etc., or you can drive over to the local Walmart and pick some up cheap. I suggest you check out the Value Place website to help you decide if this is a good place for you. One thing that did irritate us was that our room keycard would only work sporadically, and we had to continually get it "recharged".

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Oldyogastudent
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed at this Value Place in San Antonio because it had the best reviews out of the other 2 in San Antonio. The fire alarm went off for 40 minutes this morning with no one around to stop it. Apparently the maintenance man was nowhere to be found. The manager is curt, busy and gives no friendly customer service as they are "full" most of the time and apparently friendly service is no longer a requirement here. The place is still clean and the rooms are still one of the best deals in town, so people are forced to stay at these places for short term stays because of the affordability. My recommendation? If you have the money, stay at a Staybridge Suites or Candlewood Suites. They still know how to treat customers at these places. Value Inn Suites will treat you as if they don't need your business, and yes, I am talking about the one in Live Oaks.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We only made it 1 night. I guess you get what you pay for. The hotel was some what isolated and did not feel safe. This would not be a good choice for a woman traveling alone. The rooms were clean and everyone was friendly and the woman on duty refunded our money with no hassle. She was very professional. However I feel there is a lot of potential for crime and there was no security, despite what they claim.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mary T
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio
Northeast San Antonio
WoodSpring Suites San Antonio Fort Sam
WoodSpring Suites San Antonio Fo...
#188 of 354 in San Antonio
Super 8 Universal City
#1 of 1 in Universal City

Been to WoodSpring Suites San Antonio I-35 North? Share your experiences!