“Amazing Place”

WoodSpring Suites San Antonio I-35 North
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I exhausted all avenues and spent weeks looking for an affordable place for myself and my husband as we were both relocated to the area...I got to the hotel early and expected them to tell me I'd have to wait until 3p (normal check in time, I had arrived before 11) but without fail I was checked in and in my room in a matter of minutes! I have traveled a lot for work and for the military, NEVER have I experienced this level of customer service before at a hotel. The entire staff actually care about your needs are extremely helpful and patient when you need anything or have an issue which takes them no time at all to handle. The after hours lady was so patient with us, after finding out she'd been there for just over a week, lets just say I was beyond impressed that even though the office itself was closed, I feel she went out of her way to make us feel at home, I really don't understand these horrible reviews, I just don't agree...Everything is clearly stated at check in and on the website, as far as the complaints go, they are not justified (nobody hit on either one of us and they are very respectful and professional!!) Lastly, there are no "disgusting" ppl here just several work crews who come in around 9 or so but settle down quickly....best thing to do is just come experience it for yourself ... not only will I recommend this place, but I will be back to stay when I return to this area~

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kay M
There are newer reviews for WoodSpring Suites San Antonio I-35 North

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The people that run this place are disgusting. Not only do they hit on your boyfriend but the service is horrible! I've called and complained about the loud noise in the room above and they don't do anything about it! The lady said it wasn't after hours so she couldn't say anything to them..it was 9pm...the rooms aren't anything special for the price they are charging..maid hasn't been here in two weeks and when I asked for new towels they argued with me about why I needed them! They don't supply toilet paper, or trash bags. The people that stay here are trash. The washer and dryer expenses aren't included in the outrageous rent. $1.50 for wash and 1.50 for dry. The after hours lady talks bad crap about everyone that lives here and basically complains about doing her job...which is helping customers when their cards don't work..and it happens VERY OFTEN. This place is a piece of crap. Stay away. I'm considering paying $70 a night for a comfort suites just because I know..the trash can't afford to stay longer than one night.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed at this Value Place for 2-1/2 weeks, and found it just fine, despite the recent negative reviews we'd read before we went. It was clean, quiet, and felt safe. The staff was polite and helpful. But, you have to understand that you are in a economical extended-stay hotel, not at the Ritz-Carlton. No one will come in and change your sheets and towels every day -- it's every other week, unless you pay extra. The hotel supplies the first roll of toilet paper -- if you run out, you buy your own. You pay an extra $7/week if you want wifi. However, if you understand what you are paying for, it can be a very satisfactory place to stay. Each room has a full refrigerator, a sink, and a two-burner stove-top. You can pay for dishes and pots and pans, etc., or you can drive over to the local Walmart and pick some up cheap. I suggest you check out the Value Place website to help you decide if this is a good place for you. One thing that did irritate us was that our room keycard would only work sporadically, and we had to continually get it "recharged".

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Oldyogastudent
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed at this Value Place in San Antonio because it had the best reviews out of the other 2 in San Antonio. The fire alarm went off for 40 minutes this morning with no one around to stop it. Apparently the maintenance man was nowhere to be found. The manager is curt, busy and gives no friendly customer service as they are "full" most of the time and apparently friendly service is no longer a requirement here. The place is still clean and the rooms are still one of the best deals in town, so people are forced to stay at these places for short term stays because of the affordability. My recommendation? If you have the money, stay at a Staybridge Suites or Candlewood Suites. They still know how to treat customers at these places. Value Inn Suites will treat you as if they don't need your business, and yes, I am talking about the one in Live Oaks.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We only made it 1 night. I guess you get what you pay for. The hotel was some what isolated and did not feel safe. This would not be a good choice for a woman traveling alone. The rooms were clean and everyone was friendly and the woman on duty refunded our money with no hassle. She was very professional. However I feel there is a lot of potential for crime and there was no security, despite what they claim.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mary T
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I made a reservation at this hotel primarily because of its location and price. My wife and i were very uncomfortable in the hotel due to a number of things: Bed was pretty hard, noise in adjacent rooms and overhead, light in our room at night. We did have blinds on the window but no drapes or blackout shade. The exterior lighting of the hotel and car lights from the street made it seem like daytime in the night time. No real amenities in the room except microwave and fridge.......no lamp in the room either. Plan on bringing your own toilet paper, tissues and soap. I will say the property and rooms seemed to be very clean. Other than that I couldnt stay more than two days....needed some sleep and some creature comforts. I suppose if you know what to expect in advance you can plan and no element of surprise...but for me I am headed to the Hampton Inn....as soon as I take out the garbage in my room at the Value Place.
Finally....have to say after explaining all this to the manager, she was very understanding and only charged me a partial charge>

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mrpak5604
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I am a military member who got short notice orders to the San Antonio area. I did not want to get a lease because I was not expecting to stay more than a couple months. I contacted numerous hotels for long-term stay availabilities but was disappointed to find they were extremely expensive and were farther out from the base than I wanted. I spoke with Live Oak Value Place and they had a great price and were extremely helpful to getting me situated. During my stay the staff made the visit an absolute pleasure by always being helpful especially to non-standard situations I was put in due to military schedule. The hotel is in next to great areas for things to do, in particular, being across the street from a movie theater. I would and have told others about the great stay I had at the Live Oak Value Place and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio
Hampton Inn & Suites Selma-San Antonio-Randolph AFB
La Quinta Inn San Antonio I-35 N at Toepperwein
WoodSpring Suites San Antonio Fort Sam
WoodSpring Suites San Antonio Fo...
#204 of 358 in San Antonio
Comfort Inn and Suites
Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio-Live Oak Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma

Been to WoodSpring Suites San Antonio I-35 North? Share your experiences!