“Great Value for Great New Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South
Ranked #48 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
San Diego, CA
“Great Value for Great New Hotel”
Reviewed May 1, 2009

Rooms are very nice, a double bed and it has a pullout sofa bed in a living room. There is a LCD TV facing the doubles and another in front of te living room sofa bed. Kids age 4 and 6 slept on sofa bed comfortably and wife and baby slept on one double while I slept on my own bed. Best night sleep I've had in a while. No airplane noise! Free coffee in the lobby near the elevators, made myslelf a nice Iced coffee, mmm. Nice bar/Barista and loby with a section with computers and printer. Printed out all my maps to my next destination there. Breakfast buffet is $9 and looks good but with little ones we opted to the McDonalds 1/2 a block away. Great location if arriving late and need your rest. Taxi from Airport is $12 for 5 max, or free shuttle to 11pm. Free WIFI, 24hour mini store with all essentials.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank TheVoyagerPath

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Colonial Heights, Virginia
Reviewed April 25, 2009

The hotel opened in Oct 08 so the rooms are brand new and the two flat screen tvs are a plus to many but I don't think this hotel is worth the $117 that I spent. First of all, the view is terrible. My room overlooked a vacant parking lot and I could hear the planes from the nearby airport throughout the night. Most extended stay hotels have a free breakfast buffet but this hotel charges approximately $10 per person and I decided not to spend the money since all of the tables were filthy. Although the front desk staff was friendly at check-in, I asked for a one hour extended check-out and they were rude and said no, but you can have 15 mins. Since I am a Platinum member with Choice Hotels, I was shocked. Although I do not have the highest status which is Diamond, I cannot imagine how they treat everyone else. If you are planning a lengthy stay I would recommend the Staybridge Suites which offers a free breakfast and free laundry unlike Cambria Suites. If you can get this hotel for $40 like another reviewer mentioned then I would stay here but it's not worth the price that I paid.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed April 1, 2009

This new all-suite hotel was a great find. It was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. It is right next to the airport but at no time did we hear any outside noises.
The staff was very kind, happy, and eager to help with anything. As we were leaving on checkout day the cleaning lady said "thank you very much for staying with us."
The area in front of the hotel was a fenced off vacant lot, but I didn't see anything in the area that made me feel unsafe.
There was a good selection of expresso drinks in the lobby in the morning.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sewtex
sillkgrl3ant
Reviewed March 22, 2009

I booked this hotel after reading great reviews. I sacrificed cost for comfort. However, my stay here was not as expected. Check-in was easy, but once i got to my room...my sheets looked wrinkled as if someone had been sitting on them...looked closer and there were hairs, yellow crusty spots, perfume smells all over. Told housekeeping because they were in hallway, she promised me (loudly and lil irate) in the best english she could get that the sheets were clean. Traveling with 2 small kids & tired, i just throw off my dirty pillows and top sheets and worked with what i could. In the morning before adventuring off into the city I marked my sheets with mascara just to see what kind of practice this place has for sanitation. WOW. housekeeping made it look as if they had replaced my sheets but NO THEY DIDNT. ALL THEY DID WAS MAKE THE BED. MY DIRTY SHEETS REMAINED. How disgusting.
And so what, 2 HDTV's but no HD service. I could hear neighboring rooms taking baths and blowing noses, coughing. I could also hear the airplanes. Swimming pool is very very small, so is fitness room.
The breakfast buffet is the same daily. Cost $9.50 per individual no difference of age. I called ahead and asked for complementary breakfast, I suggest you do the same. The staff couldnt handle the morning traffic for the breakfast buffet niether could the seating.
I was choosing between the Pear Tree Inn by Drury or this place. I regret choosing Cambria, maybe Pear Tree would have changed my sheets?

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sillkgrl3ant
Houston
Reviewed March 16, 2009

The best thing about this hotel is the room! Has beautiful decor, nice bed, sofa bed, desk, free wi-fi, loved having a mini fridge and microwave. Everything that everyone has said positive is true. Went to visit family and stayed 2 nights. We didn't hear the planes.... not like in Houston airport hotels where you can definitely hear the planes come and go. Restaurants and shops are just south of hotel. My husband loved having 2 plasma tv's so one for him and one for me. We didn't eat at the onsite restaurant which offered buffet style breakfast (I think is was $10/person or so). Free parking is great! New hotel so not very crowded. Great location and convenient. We used priceline to book so we named our own price and was lucky to get this hotel for $40/night. I don't think the hotel was fully booked when we stayed. We hope to stay there again!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 4150
East Corinth, Maine
Reviewed February 10, 2009

This hotel is awesom !!! all of the staff are super friendly and helpful. the place is spotless clean (partly because it's brand new, but i have no doubt that it will stay that way). there is a huge lobby area with big comfy chairs, tv, and two computers for customer use. there is also a bar/bistro in the lobby and they offer a buffet breakfast for $9.95. the gym is full of top of the line equipment. just off the gym area is an indoor pool (small) and a large hot tub. the room was very nice. there is a couch/living area with flat screen tv, micro,frig,coffee maker..etc..very modern and functional decor. there is an excellent desk/computer work area with multible electronic connection ports.king bedroom had another flat screen tv.the view from our window (and from the front of the building)is not so great..an old abandoned parking lot/building site. but that may change in the future and it was not a big deal. as far as location: one block from I-410, mins. from the airport, and there are restaurants and stores a few hundred feet away. We love this place, highly recommend it, and we will return !!!

• Liked — the staff and the room
  • Disliked — the view
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mainebasedneverhome
Appleton, WI
Reviewed January 31, 2009

Beautiful new hotel. Exceptional decor. I'd stay here again!

Business desk has lots of electrical outlets, with wired and wireless Internet. Beautiful vases, lamps and art-deco bathroom make this a perfect room for a romantic getaway, too. Two (2) flat screen TV's. VERY comfortable bed and pillows. Great service, friendly staff. I don't think I have ever rated a hotel as a 5-dot (excellent) before, but this place deserves it.

Very minor squawks: Rooms are well sound-proofed, but this is an airport hotel, so you will probably be waken in the morning by the noise from the jets taking off. I don't know why hotels don't run their bathroom ventilation systems, but no air moved in or out of our bathroom. (I don't know why many motels leave vent systems off so that the moisture build up in the rooms...) I wish there were a couple of coat hooks near the front door.

• Liked — Very comfortable, restfull room with great decor.
  • Disliked — Airport noise, far from tourist attractions.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)