Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South
Ranked #57 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I just want to congratulate all the staff at the hotel, simply perfect, the hotel, the room, the staff at everywhere, so kind, it's like stay at my own home, the breakfast phenomenal, hope to return in my next vacations

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Amado M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

A. Julian M.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed here for four nights while in town for a wedding. We found it to be a perfect location. Lots of restaurants nearby. Even though it is close to the airport we never heard the planes. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are modern and clean. My only negative complaint would be the breakfast. It's so-so.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Chevin G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments, Shirley! It was a pleasure having you stay at our hotel. Our centrally located hotel makes it convenient to easily get to the nearly 50 restaraunts in the area, with the downtown and Riverwalk area within 15 minutes away. I appreciate your feedback on our breakfast as well. We are always looking for ways to improve our breakfast and offer our guests a tasty variety that we modify weekly, if not daily. I value feedback like your's at it allows us to pinpoint areas we can improve on as to offer all our guests a memorable stay. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you back again!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Rate was very affordable. Room is gigantic with separate TV area. Lobby bar with happy hour prices. Convenient location near airport, with direct route to downtown and Riverwalk. The shower didn't work (just a new building punch list item), but we were immediately moved to a nearby room. Beds are comfortable. Overall, a very good value.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JD H

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! I do apologize for the issue you encountered with the shower. We have since fixed the shower and it's comments like your's that assist us in improving all aspects of our hotel and we thank you for that. Please do visit us again as we look forward to seeing our guests return. Thanks again!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed at this Country Inn while in San Antonio seeing the sites. Super nice place in a good location. Front desk staff were very friendly, offering us free cookies every time we passed. Lobby area was lovely; breakfast area was nice and the food was excellent. Room was spotless. King size bed with a full size hide-away. Pool area looked nice, but we didn’t use it. I would recommend this place to anyone in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Prouddaddyo

Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel and staff. We love providing our complimentary cookies 24/7 as they're a big hit with our guests! Thanks again for your business and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

My 19 year old daughter was recently traveling alone and on stand by for the first time. After waiting in the San Antonio Airport from 5 am until the last flight left at 6:30pm my daughter called me in tears. There were no flights, she was exhausted and didn't know what to do. This mother was nervous as I am not familiar with San Antonio or the area. I needed a hotel for her close to the airport, with a shuttle and free breakfast, that was clean and safe. After some research on TripAdvisor I found Country Inn. I called and spoke to the nicest young man named Patrick. When I explained the situation and how upset my daughter was he assured me I had nothing to worry about. He told me where she should go to catch the shuttle and they would get her settled in and back to the airport in the am. After my daughter was settled into her room she called me. To my delight she said the hotel was very nice, extremely clean and most important of all she felt safe staying there. She said she would be able to sleep well. What a relief for a worried mom. They gave her a wake up call in the morning, fed her breakfast and got her back to the airport in time to catch the rescue flight her uncle found for her (Lol he works for US Airways but got her a United flight home) Thank you to the wonderful hotel I have never stepped foot in but took the best care of my daughter and put a nervous mother at ease.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank dirtwidow12
Chevin G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding Patrick, and my hotel overall. We are so pleased your daughter enjoyed her stay. We look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next stay.

Best regards,
Chevin Gladden

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Quick stopover after flying for the day. Convenient location, easy to find this very nice hotel. Stylish lobby, very courteous and helpful staff, well decorated room was quite spacious. Good fitness area with small hot tub. Nice to have a real bar in the lobby with good service. Breakfast was very "carb heavy" but the eggs and fruit were good. Definitely a good choice for a safe, quiet hotel near the airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time in providing us with feedback regarding your stay. Our staff makes up the heart of our hotel and we all enjoy providing exceptional service, at all times! We are always looking for ways to get better; we have modified our breakfast to offer a better variety that changes daily and caters to the needs of all our guests. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have stayed here three times prior and was just here a few days ago. I travel frequently for business all over Texas and this is one of my "go-to" hotels. Great location and great amenities! Made a ton of new friends during their happy hour and slept like a baby every night! Give it a try!

Room Tip: located right off of 410 loop, close to everything and of course close to the airport. I would sugge...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your great feedback! We strive to be the best and to offer our guests with many complimentary amenities to enhance your stay. We thank you for your business and we'll see you next time!