“Perfect Breakfast”

Ranked #52 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Shalimar, Florida
“Perfect Breakfast”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel was a great surprise after staying in a downtown hotel for a couple of nights. It was clean, quiet, comfortable, convenient (even a shuttle for 5 mile radius) and the employees were all very friendly. Our favorite was Vicki, the breakfast coordinator. She was so friendly and helpful and the breakfast was delicious every day - hot breakfast and all the trimmings. She was constantly checking with everyone to make sure everything was just right, coming around to take used dishes and greet everyone, and make sure we all had a great experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Margie C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Its so nice to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel. Also thank you for posting through Advisor, your comments about the Country Inn & Suites Airport San Antonio TX is helpfull for us to improve. Vicki our breakfast attendant is such a gem to have here at our hotel. I will pass on the kudos to her and the rest of our team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Sun Lakes, Arizona
Reviewed December 31, 2012

First off, being that there are a lot of hotels in this area, I would probably not stay here again. Some of the good things were that the bed was very good, water pressure good, locaiton good for what we needed (right off the expressway), breakfast excellent. There was nothing else we could have asked for at breakfast. The ladies responsible for making sure guests were happy at breakfast were excellent, and both days we were there everything was fresh and well supplied. Some of the negatives about our room (101) were as follows: the lighting in the room was terrible. I can't remember when the lighting in every light was that bad, especially in the bathroom. We had a suite, and if you would have wanted to do anything but watch television in that additional area, it would have been impossible because of the poor lighting. Also, there was no cold water. We could not get cold water morning or evening of either day we were there. Also, the walls were paper thin. We probably would not stay there again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank funhogs2
Were so glad you chose to stay with us. Thank you for posting through Advisor, your comments about our Country Inn & Suites Airport San Antonio TX. Its also great to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast each morning. We do apologize about the issues you had with your room. We will investigate it further in ensure that we don't have the same issues in the future.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stay here last night (NOVEMBER 23,20012 only for one night and Im so glad I did, when first arrived I didnt like thats is in a big lonely parking lot but the hotel it self was nice and big so first hotel impressions were good, then checking in was smoooth...now going into our rooms first impressions as we open the door was is a bit small but its good how they did the layout of the room separate livingroom and bedroom, restroom was big and very very nice all the fixtures and updates r beautiful, the decor is also very nice and modern, I was really impressed I loved it, I have stay in so many hotels because i love to travel but this one is on my top 3 now...I LOVE IT< EVERYTHING, SERVICE,BREAKFAST,ROOM,BED,ETC anythiing u name I LOVED, I would also like to say that breakfast is very very good lots of portions to choose from, scramble eggs, baggels,muffins,4 deferent cereals, 5 diferent juices,milk,waffles,bacon,fruit,toasted bread &jelly and coffee wat else can u ask for breakfast they have it all..VERY GOOD,another thing i wanna point out is the cliness of this hotel/rooms, Im so picky when chossing a hotel so the first thing i do is come here and read reviews so thank god for technology u can find out lots of things and lots of people were saying that this hotel is very clean and yes it is, I literally swipe my finger in the rooms decors and behind the tv n my finger was clean as when i first swipe it overall what Im saying is that i loved this place and I highly recommend it I will defitnetly come back next time am her in san antonio but best of all for the price of the hotel and the value its a+++++ ...Keep it up coountry inn oh one more thing caint forget not to put this info the beds r sooooooooo comfy best bed in any hotel i have stayed in :))

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cindy4rmHouston_Tx
Margie C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We are very happy that we could WOW you! We hope to see you again next time you are in San Antonio.
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The suite was comfortable and it was clean. The employees at the front desk were courteous and professional. The breakfast served each day was very good. The cleaning crew did an excellent job as well.

My one criticism would be what appears to be a problem with maintenance. The telephones in my room did not work properly. One would not take a charge and the answering service did not work. Although I use a cell phone there were calls made to my room, and messages left that I was unable to hear. I reported this on day one and it was not fixed three days later.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for staying with us while in San Antonio. I am sorry that you experienced issues with your telephones and that they were not taken care of during your stay. We have addressed that , so it does not happen again. We look forward to your next visit with us while in San Antonio.
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The rooms were very nice and clean, the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were great! We were traveling with our five kids and having a free hot breakfast saves us a lot :-) Highly recommend this !

• Stayed March 2012
Amado M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago

A. Julian M.
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was awesome! It's right next to the airport but you don't hear planes or anything it's a hidden gem and its a GREAT deal! It's right off one of the main highways so that is perfect, I would stay there again anytime

• Stayed October 2012

A. Julian M.
Irving, Texas
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night at the Country Inn and Suites. The hotel was very modern and clean. The bed was very comfortable. I really appreciated the extra pillows and blanket located in the bedroom closet The hotel is conveniently located to the airport and not far from the San Antonio Riverwalk. We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Margie C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport South, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
We are very excited you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us while in San Antonio. We hope that you will visit us again soon!