New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Ranked #42 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Clean and Safe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The suite was comfortable and it was clean. The employees at the front desk were courteous and professional. The breakfast served each day was very good. The cleaning crew did an excellent job as well.

My one criticism would be what appears to be a problem with maintenance. The telephones in my room did not work properly. One would not take a charge and the answering service did not work. Although I use a cell phone there were calls made to my room, and messages left that I was unable to hear. I reported this on day one and it was not fixed three days later.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Margie C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Thanks for staying with us while in San Antonio. I am sorry that you experienced issues with your telephones and that they were not taken care of during your stay. We have addressed that , so it does not happen again. We look forward to your next visit with us while in San Antonio.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The rooms were very nice and clean, the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were great! We were traveling with our five kids and having a free hot breakfast saves us a lot :-) Highly recommend this !

• Stayed March 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was awesome! It's right next to the airport but you don't hear planes or anything it's a hidden gem and its a GREAT deal! It's right off one of the main highways so that is perfect, I would stay there again anytime

• Stayed October 2012
Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night at the Country Inn and Suites. The hotel was very modern and clean. The bed was very comfortable. I really appreciated the extra pillows and blanket located in the bedroom closet The hotel is conveniently located to the airport and not far from the San Antonio Riverwalk. We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Margie C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
We are very excited you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us while in San Antonio. We hope that you will visit us again soon!
Proctor, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at this Country Inn & Suites in Mid-September for a business seminar for 4 nights. I have to say that this is a very nice hotel, but because of what appears to be a lack of training/employee it truly hurts the hotel. I have stayed at other Country Inn & Suites and know what to expect. I wasn't called shortly after checking in to make sure that my room is good, I was never greeted, (nor anyone bother to call me by name), I am a Club Carlson Gold Elite member and I didn't get my little gift I am so used to. Whenever I travel I don't like to housekeeping everyday because I try to be Green and there is no need to change or wash my towels/linen after 1 day. But on the second day I removed the Do Not Disturb because the carpet and towels needed some TLC. When I returned in the evening, the carpet looked dirtier than I left it, they had removed the towels and left me 1 hand towel & 1 washcloth. When I called Front Desk I got a less than favorable excuse. The next day housekeeping wasn't even better. In breakfast I heard one of the breakfast attendant loudly bashing Country Inn & Suites ? , I was appalled why someone would work for a company that they don't like, so I wasn't able to enjoy my breakfast quietly. I do want to give kudos to the older breakfast attendant which was sweet and you could tell she loved her job! I am sorry I didn't get her name but she did an awesome job. And the breakfast to go bags were great when I didnt have time to stop for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Roy C
Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites during your stay in San Anontio. We value your feedback and appreciate your comments. I am sorry that you experienced less than great service from us. I have shared them with our team and we are working to correct these issues so this does not happen in the future. I do hope that you will give us another try next time you are in San Antonio.
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is on Broadway, in the first block north of Loop 410, which is not the most convenient location for tourists who want easy access to downtown, the Riverwalk, Six Flags, Sea World, or those who want to be close to the medical center, or UTSA. But it might be ideal for someone who wants convenient access to the airport, or for business or family visit in the area. I found it to be quiet and convenient for my purposes. There seem to be a few problems, as others have mentioned. I was initially given a room with air conditioner which did not cool. They reassigned me to a different room, but I learned the A/C had been reported as broken and hadn't been repaired. The breakfast was fine, and the room with functioning air conditioning was quite comfortable. It is a nice, standard Country Inn & Suites which gives you a good value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for staying with us. I am sorry that you experienced issues with the AC units in both rooms. I appreciate your feedback as it helps us to correct the problem so it does not happen again. We hope that you will come back and stay with us next time you are in San Antonio.
Rogersville, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Nice room and staff. Has a great workout room and a decent spa. Breakfast was eggs, sausage and biscuit, plus the typical continental items. Was ok, nothing special. Nice entry making a business trip a little more pleasant. Hotel hallways were a little loud, but nothing terrible.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Garrett S
Margie C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
We are so pleased you had a nice stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites druing your business trip. We hope to see you again next time you are in San Antonio.