“Good hotel in good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Antonio Airport

and 1 more site!
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Antonio Airport
Ranked #48 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
“Good hotel in good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Passig through San Antonio on a long road trip. Great location near the I-10 and easy access to downtown. Not too far from sea world and extremely close to the zoo. Pool/hot tub area was tiny!! That was the only downside to our two night stay. Breakfast was great, Vicki was extremely nice and helpful- she was one of the friendliest people we've come across.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Jmiller1234

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a 2 bedroom tower suite for $119/nt on a special Club Carlson offer. The room was clean and comfortable, with contemporary decor. The hotel offers complimentary breakfast, and has a wolfgang puck coffee bar. The hotel staff were courteous and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank hitman1120
Mission, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

We were here for our 10 yr wedding anniversary. We wanted to stay downtown, but for half the price we found this hotel. Its only about a 10 min drive to downtown. Wow! I'm so glad we decided to save the money. This hotel was great! The room was large & breakfast was a decent continental breakfast. They also have warm cookies in the afternoon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vanessa M
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

This hotel might be good with prices but it was the worse experience ever, we had reserved our rooms about a month ahead for fiesta and once we arrived one of our rooms was not showing they said and lost one of our room reservations so we stayed without one room with was very upsetting, and than I noticed one my acct they charged me for it when we never stayed in it which even mad me madder!!!! After they had said they were not going to charge for it since they lost it! Never again well I stay here!!!!

• Stayed April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Margie C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Hello, I would like to speak to you about the reservation mix up and your experience that happend during your stay at the Country Inn & Suites. I can understand how upsetting this was for you. If you could please contact me at your convenience, at 210-822-1554 or via email at Margie.Cooper@interstatehotels.com. I look forward to speaking with you. Margie Cooper, General Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

The room was nice and big, although a little noisy. The breakfast was wonderful as usual for this brand of hotel. The lobby and bar area were a good place to hang out. And the airport shuttle service was perfect.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank millsusan1
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

After searching for a place to lay my head while I did some apartment hunting in San Antonio, I came across the affordable Country Inn and Suites. I'd previously stayed at Country Inn in a different state and remembered how clean and comfortable that stay was so I booked. I was so pleasantly surprised when I walked into the lobby to check in that I actually giggled! They had a warm fireplace going in the lobby, but that was all that was "country" about it. The decor was sleek and modern. Flat screen TVs in the lounge area, the guest computers had enormous flat panel screens as well.

Check in was smooth and courteous. When I got upstairs to my room, the sleek, modern, clean design continued. The hallways actually remind me of the MGM in Vegas: uniform square scone lighting, modern doors and door keys- so cool. My husband said it reminded him of a Microtel or European Boutique hotels we've stayed at before. The Suites themselves were well appointed and spacious, although our room was at a brisk 63F when we first walked in (brrrr!). The entire property was also VERY clean, which is why I am surprised that I have to take away points for HOUSEKEEPING!

I stayed here 4 nights; the first round of housekeeping didn't go so well. I came back to my room and the bed was sloppily made, the old towels weren't replaced- but at least the trash was taken out. There was absolutely no effort to straighten anything up at all. The second day, I was actually in the room when housekeeping came through (around 330pm). The housekeeper knocked and when I answered asked me if I needed housekeeping (fair enough) and when I replied "yes", she asked "Well, what all do you need done?”. Really? Should I tell you what a housekeeper's standard duties are in a hotel? I replied" just the basic" and that wasn't clear enough for her. She made it seem that housekeeping was only “thoroughly” done when a guest checked out. I don't know if I missed that part when I made the reservation, maybe I was supposed to pay extra for basic housekeeping? Well her supervisor was with her, but due to the limited English she spoke, she was not much help. After detailing to her what I thought was basic housekeeping (the bed, replace towels, trash emptying) she reluctantly proceeded to make the bed and replace the towels. She forgot to take the trash, but came back for it about 2 minutes after she left. After what promised to be a delightful stay, housekeeping (or lack thereof), really put the downers on this trip. They need to either fully disclose that standard/ basic housekeeping is not included or train the staff. Seriously.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank sweetenergytravel
Mission, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

This is the first time we stay at this location; we have visited SA for so many years and tried different locations. I was really impressed with this hotel. Room very clean, spacious, really good for a family of 5. Highly recommended!!! We stayed here for a Spurs game! (and they won!)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family