“Terrible customer service.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #102 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
McAllen, Texas
“Terrible customer service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Terrible customer service. The hotel receptionist put us in a room that had the carpet soaked in rain water from the previous day. The room smelled moldy, mildewy, and like urine. When I went to ask for another room, I was told that there were no other rooms. "Dan" spoke to me in a demeaning way, and refused to give me the name of the manager and I asked him 6 times! Another employee witnessed the entire discussion, and after I walked away , because I was not getting anywhere with this guy, and being tired of being treated, The other employee went to my room and moved us to another room. La Quinta staff was perfectly OK with leaving my 22 month toddler, my wife and myself in a room that was full of mold in the carpet. Anybody with basic science background knows that exposure to mold, even short exposures can cause respiratory problems. It is very disappointing that after sending an email to the manager, I did not receive a reply. I at least expected a standard B.S. response, but I didn't even get that. If I were you, I'd pass on this hotel. I know I will next time we are in San Antonio.

Room Tip: Not enough parking. If you show up late, or leave the hotel at night, you will have to park in a fir...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Al_Garcia78504

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Diamondhead
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

When traveling with our cats, we look for a place with box frames under the bed, so that the cats don't try to hide under the bed when it is time to go on the next day. We had called ahead to confirm and found they were just as advertised, plus the room was larger than expected.. There were no places to hide, so we made it back to the car without any hassle. The light breakfast (powdered scrambled eggs), make your own waffles and sausage, along with a few cereals, breads and drinks was satisfactory, but not delicious. We didn't get to use the pool or any amenities, but the place was very clean and the people at the desk were friendly. We booked through our AAA website.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel was in a very convenient location for six flags and sea world. Hotel staff was very nice. I wish the pool was a bit bigger and area around the pool cleaner. Overall I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

My mom used to always stay at La Quintas if available while traveling for sales but I had never stayed at one. REALLY nice at a great price! We paid $79 and that was less than any other place we had stayed on this cross country trip. They really gouge you along the interstates but this was well worth the money. Newer hotel-great mattresses, nice chair and desk setup and what a nice bathroom! Pet peeve of mine is lower shower heads on newer hotels and if you are tall it hits you about chest level. This bathroom was high and great massaging shower head. Very nice for a "interstate" hotel. Also had selection of pillows and blankets that usually are in more pricey places.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

This place is exactly 1/2 way between Sea World & Fiesta Texas...6 miles either direction. It is not close to downtown at all (about 20 miles) , but extremely quick & easy to get to Sea World! There are lots of places close by for food & even a Wal Mart not so far up the road. We have stayed there twice for Sea World trips & it has always been great. The breakfast is decent ( they have hot items - eggs, sausage, biscuits,gravy & even salsa to top it if you like) plus the normal waffles, cereal, muffins, etc. Front desk staff is always nice & the rooms clean. The outdoor pool is nice enough with a pergola & tables/chairs to sit under if u want....there is a hot tub also. While you're here, if you like chicken tenders....try Raising Canes, it's just a few miles up the road off of Loop 1604...it's awesome!! It's a chain, but it has the best sweet tea & their sauce is amazing on everything!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Rachel13Texas
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Absolutely wonderful staff, upgraded our room for free to a suite, they don't kick you out of the pool at closing time, very clean rooms, and when I got here they had people cleaning the carpets!!! So impressive!!!

• Stayed July 2014