“Northwest La Quinta”

Ranked #96 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
United States
“Northwest La Quinta”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Our room was properly cleaned and we enjoyed the breakfast selection. This La Quinta was one of the better ones we've stayed at. They also had a pretty good selection of cable channels to watch on TV.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank Daniel P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 2, 2014

shower valve needs repairs, room exterior door closer needs adjustment , door slamming while closing in room, several rooms next to our room, which was room 220, other than that everything else was fine, we always stay at that location when in San Antonio

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We usually look for La Quinta while traveling with our dogs. This hotel was another great LQ value. Front desk not too friendly here when we checked in late at night but had no problems. We just wanted to get to our room and we were not disappointed. Rooms clean and quiet - great bed linens. Room temperature wonderful. Breakfast items not so great, crummy processed muffins bread/bagels. Cold scrambled eggs, sugary cereals, not much selection, but cannot complain for a grab-n-go. We were in town for a family occasion and needed accommodations this time for our pets. Only stayed in hotel to sleep and shower-- Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank Janice S
Houston
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I'm usually very picky about where I stay, but decided on this LQ location because it looked newer the most LQ locations in San Antonio. I was very impressed on how clean the Inn was and the customer service was outstanding. The beds are comfortable, rooms are spacious and breakfast was decent. This is def. not a 5 star hotel, but for a good nights rest and a decent breakfast it was actually very good.

Only negative is that this hotel is quite a ways from the Riverwalk / DT San Antonio.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Beatriz C
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this LQ location. I will say, upon arrival there were two visibly upset guests demanding a "free" room. Very impressed with the gentleman's patience and customer service skills. After working things out with the ridiculously rude and inconsiderate guests, the front desk gentleman promptly checked us in and also apologized for the inconvenience from the previous disgruntled guests. Young man was very efficient and kind, excellent at his job. My stay continued with taking our luggage up to our room, where I ran into the upset guests and the desk attendant. The man was in the hallway, shirtless may I add. The guests were yelling vulgarities at the front desk agent, threatening him. With all the nonsense going on, I was very impressed with his calm appearance and his patience towards the extremely rude, vulgar guests. I enjoyed my stay very much! Breakfast was delicious and convenient. Location is excellent, made my stay in San Antonio amazing and I can't wait to return! Aside from the unappreciated vulgarities from upset guests this is the best LQ I've stayed at! Staff is awesome and always alert and ready to lend a helping hand! Round of applause to the front desk attendant for remaining professional!

• Stayed April 2014

Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I booked this room via corporate LQ Points....confirmed reservation via points...checked in, given room, showered, went to bed....I was awakened by the phone ringing demanding that I provide payment for the room, as they were "overbooked" on comp rooms....stated I would handle this conversation in the morning....phone rang again 10:15pm....didn't answer....clerk came banging on door 10:30pm demanding payment for the room....I told him I would discuss this problem with his manager in the morning...he was rude, inconsiderate, and never should have involved a customer between a corporate and owner/operator problem.....we left the hotel...called service line....so mad we just decided to leave San Antonio all together.....

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Leah S
Abilene
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My wife is a lot pickier than I am when it comes to hotels and she was pleased with this one. Check-in was great, the room was great and the staff were friendly and courteous. We did here dogs barking from other rooms but I expect that from a pet friendly hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple