“Super Bargain”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Northwest
Ranked #105 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
“Super Bargain”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Spent three nights here early in October. The 10% AARP discount made the rate even better than it already was. Everything about our room was clean and comfortable. Great bed too. I have stayed at La Quintas before and have never been disappointed.

Room Tip: Although there was a major roadway running by the hotel, they wisely built the hotel with one narrow...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Medellin, Colombia
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The staff at this La Quinta Inn was very friendly to me and my two dogs, which was much appreciated. (San Antonio is a very friendly city in general.) There are a lot of nice places to walk dogs nearby, which isn't always the case near hotels. The room was comfortable, and the rate was excellent. I'd stay here again. Recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank PaisaContento
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were late walk in guest, the man at the front desk offered a discount rate. Upon check out, we discovered that wasn't true, since he wasn't there they wouldn't fix. I asked to speak with GM, no one could get him. I was I formed he'd call me, he hasn't, corporate is useless.

The room we were orginally given, was dirty, as in housekeeping forgot to clean it or someone checked out & front desk thought it was fine. After moving to next room, we found clean but hot. A/C turned up full blast & it never really cooled off. Fridge was broken.

Breakfast was nice, but I tried asking attended for more milk & since I don't know Spanish I was outta luck.

For the price we ended up paying, I wouldnt recommend. But, it did appear to be the best of what was in that area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed overnight in this hotel while house hunting in San Antonio. Hotel and staff were excellent. The hotel was clean and very quiet overnight. It was within easy access to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Cambridge, Nebraska
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I recently got a room here, my brother passed away and I stayed here, the night I flew in. My sister, who drove, met me there and she and her husband stayed in room w/me. Nice clean room, very comfy bed. I got 2 queens, because I knew, some of my family would be staying with me. It is a little close to the motel next to it, so you may turn into their driveway, but plenty of parking. And was close to Helotes, which is where we were going. A nice pool, which I did not have time to use. But, all around nice and quiet. The desk clerk was very helpful and friendly. I love the turn-arounds, on the hiways in Texas. This hotel is on a side road, but, access to the hiway was easy, because of the turn-around.

Room Tip: I used my GPS to get there, with a rental car, from the airport. Easy Access from the airport, and o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Waterloo
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel is definitely one of the nicest hotels my husband and I have stayed in. Love that it's completely smoke free. Room was comfortable and clean besides a wrapper our puppy found under the bed. Hotel staff was very friendly and breakfast was very good. Loved the Texas shaped waffles. We would stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Houston, Texas, USA
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Very good place to stay near Fiesta Texas & UTSA. Nothing in walking distance but property is within 5 miles of lots of eating places, general shopping stores and La Cantera Mall. All staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family