“Very disappointed!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Northwest
Ranked #83 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I tried all week to plan the perfect trip for my family, as we were celebrating a 30th wedding anniversary for my brother. I was glad I started looking for a room a week, no knowing I would have trouble finding a room before spring break, a George Strait concert and some other concert had taken over San Antonio. The price was raised too a ridiculous price ($199) for a room with two queen beds (not a suite). Guests were in the halls with DOGS. Most of the guest didn't even look like they could even afford a $50 room let alone a $199 room. I was so disappointed that I will never trust another LaQuina Inn hotel again. On top of everything, my parents (who tried the breakfast) said the breakfast was horrible.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Debbie J

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here to be close to family for an event. Convenient location to this part of town. Clean and quiet. The hot breakfast left a little to be desired. Not as full and well-stocked as other LaQuinta.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The rooms were clean and the hallways were quiet; the breakfast had a variety of choices (both hot and cold) for everyone; the location had easy access to freeways and it's close-by to Sea World, Six Flags and Shopping (La Cantera & The Rim).... Oh and golf courses!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, Texas, USA
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Wow........first time in a La Quinta with the family. At check in, the counter person was like a zombie, he would ask a question and then stare at the computer screen for minutes without saying or doing anything. The room was tiny, the shower was dripping all night, the sink was hardly draining. Both me and my wife had bad back aches after the first night.
No channel list for the TV (every time you would turn the TV on it would just blare)
The WIFI was hard to get going, very intermittent thereafter and would constantly disconnect.
The fist night we woke up because of some dogs barking for half an hour at 3 AM.
The second night we could hardly sleep again because of a party going on somewhere.
I would never ever take my family to a La Quinta in again-ever-

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Kingsville, Texas, USA
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is the best hotel, in my opinion, in Leon Valley area. I stay here every time I come to San Antonio. The rooms are clean, beds comfortable, and the breakfasts are delicious! I reccommend this hotel in every aspect.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2013

If I had only stayed at this hotel for one night I would have given it four or five stars. This is a newer property and the front desk employees were very helpful and courteous. The physical condition of this property is very clean and well maintained.

After the first night the breakfast was very good and it included tortillas, eggs, sausage, cheese, salsa etc along with the standard items you normally find in a La Quinta. It was well stocked and everything we needed was there.

The second morning was entirely different. We arrived at 8:15 am and the tortilla warmer was empty as was the scrabbled egg bin. The syrup dispenser was empty and a note was attached saying they were out of syrup. I can't imagine that a property such as this can not keep a supply of a non perishable food item like syrup. There also were no plastic plates, forks or napkins. Since there was no attendant we asked at the front desk for some help. He assured us someone would be coming in and correcting the situation. A lady arrived and started putting everything away. Meanwhile a hotel guest found some plates and asked the lady to replenish everything. After about 10 minutes she did return with some eggs. We could hear her laughing and visiting with other hotel staff in the back room.

This negative experience with the breakfast is the reason for my low overall evaluation. I also had difficulty staying logged onto the time warner internet connection and had difficulty changing tv channels on the remote. I had assumed it was just my lack of knowledge about computers and the internet but I was told by others in the breakfast room that they too had the same difficulty.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank tangojohnDallas
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Everything was clean and great, only needed more towels in room. I would stay there again. I would recommond this hotel to all of my friends and family. Close to good resturants and both sea world and six flags in San Antonio.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends