Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
The boat ride was great! It was a little too cool for walking around, February 20, 2020

Go when it’s warmer. Take a day and walk the river. Have lunch or dinner at one of the local... read more

Reviewed March 10, 2020
Nickp2611
Bluffton, South Carolina
History Tour of San Antonio

This tour is excellent. Gary was great. It is true what he says on his website. This tour is... read more

Reviewed March 1, 2020
brazildentist497
Brazil, Indiana

All reviews history tour vip tour highly recommend this tour two hours wealth of information south texas the river tours battle alamo
Selected filters
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

I had the opportunity of having a "VIP" tour, since I was the only customer on that Monday morning for the standard tour. The guide was very professional, gave me a lot of explainations about the different phases of the battle and also about the growth of the city.
The walk itself was not so long, with plenty of place to sit if you're not as fit as you could.
I would definitely recommend this walking tour.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My sister and I recently took the History walk and really enjoyed it. Gary spins a great tale of the history of the city, especially the battles around the Battle for the Alamo. He re-creates the scene very vividly and you are transported to the past. He then walks you around the downtown area explaining the history of Texas, San Antonio, the river and virtually everything you would like to know about the beginnings of Texas. The walk is easy, and through most of it you are seated. He does ask you to wait until he finishes at each stop to ask questions. Well worth the money and far superior to those on-off bus tours where you spend half the time waiting for people to get on and off, This is individual attention

Date of experience: September 2012
1  Thank Julia G
Reviewed September 13, 2012

it's the only place where you find river below the streets and the busy area... it's a must for all types... couples/family/friends and solo... don't forget to visit the tower as well ...

Date of experience: April 2012
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Absolutly fell in love with this place. Would return in a heart beat.

1  Thank KLSBD
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I brought my resort guests to the King William Historical Neighborhood Walk and one and all thoroughly enjoyed learning about the various types of architecture that make up this long time famous neighborhood. "Boring," you say...not at all. Mr Pepe, our guide intertwined the architectural facts regarding these beautiful homes with the perfect amount of human interest about the home residents and the history of the home itself. Most interesting was the great variety of different building styles evident even in each individual home.
Being from San Antonio, I felt there'd be little I hadn't heard in the way of history but was amazed at how informative our guide was about interesting details and stories that brought the tour alive.
All eight of us on the tour, of varying ages and stages of physical health were all easily able to handle the two hour tour and I got rave reviews myself for suggesting the San Antonio Walks experience.

Date of experience: March 2012