“This Guide Knows His Stuff”

San Antonio Walks & Drives
Ranked #20 of 64 Tours in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: San Antonio - Revealed as never before! 7 Top Rated Tours: Missions, History, Sightseer, Private VIP, King William, Architecture, Teacher's Edition, Food Tours, Cooking Classes. In-depth, unique and fascinating tours of discovery that will alter your perception of San Antonio, Texas History, and the Battle of the Alamo!
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I brought my resort guests to the King William Historical Neighborhood Walk and one and all thoroughly enjoyed learning about the various types of architecture that make up this long time famous neighborhood. "Boring," you say...not at all. Mr Pepe, our guide intertwined the architectural facts regarding these beautiful homes with the perfect amount of human interest about the home residents and the history of the home itself. Most interesting was the great variety of different building styles evident even in each individual home.
Being from San Antonio, I felt there'd be little I hadn't heard in the way of history but was amazed at how informative our guide was about interesting details and stories that brought the tour alive.
All eight of us on the tour, of varying ages and stages of physical health were all easily able to handle the two hour tour and I got rave reviews myself for suggesting the San Antonio Walks experience.

All reviews
"history tour"
in 17 reviews
"guide gary"
in 5 reviews
"incredible knowledge"
"hour tour"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 3 reviews
"texas"
in 13 reviews
"frescoes"

Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

I had no idea San Antonio had such a rich history. Gary is a great tour guide. He was great at taking us to shady spots to sit while he talked to us. He made history interesting. I would have liked to go through the Alamo with him, but we went on our own at the end of tour.

1  Thank SpeedSki
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Expecatations were high based on reviews but the tour was better than anticipated. . Gary brought history alive through great story telling which all comes together as the tour progresses. San Antonio has far more history than you hear on the other tours in town. The Alamo is explained in great detail as well as cause and effect of the battle. Fascinating!! Best value in San Antonio. Please include this tour on your next visit. You will not be disappointed!!

1  Thank Rlandon100
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I recently took the history tour; which after visiting San Antonio regularly for the last 25 years was the first time I truly understood the rich heritage.
He made history come alive with his dramatic narrative, coupled with seeing the sites. Although Gary has obviously given these tours hundreds of times, he spoke with freshness and enthusiasm!
It was bittersweet, thinking " If only he had been my teacher in school, I would have paid attention and would have loved history"
He does have other tours, which I plan on taking!

3  Thank Patricia W
See more reviews
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My wife and I met Gary on the first morning of our two-day stay in S.A., for the history tour. Gary did an excellent job of bringing both the big picture and some of the little details to life. His presentation of the Alamo battle, while sitting in the middle of the battle site, was especially impressive. There was just enough walking around the downtown area to get the lay of the land, but not too much to take away from the large amount of information. And his asking price is far below similar tours we've had in other cities. Highly recommend and will someday, I hope, have a chance for the architecture tour.