“If Only I Could Have Had a Teacher in School Such as Gary Pepe!”
Review of San Antonio Walks

San Antonio Walks
Ranked #19 of 58 Tours in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: San Antonio - Revealed as never before! 8 Top Rated Tours: Missions, History, Sightseer, Private VIP, King William, Architecture, Teacher's Edition, Food Tours, Cooking Classes. In-depth, unique and fascinating tours of discovery that will alter your perception of San Antonio, Texas History, and the Battle of the Alamo!
Springfield, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“If Only I Could Have Had a Teacher in School Such as Gary Pepe!”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I recently took the history tour; which after visiting San Antonio regularly for the last 25 years was the first time I truly understood the rich heritage.
He made history come alive with his dramatic narrative, coupled with seeing the sites. Although Gary has obviously given these tours hundreds of times, he spoke with freshness and enthusiasm!
It was bittersweet, thinking " If only he had been my teacher in school, I would have paid attention and would have loved history"
He does have other tours, which I plan on taking!

Visited March 2012
3 Thank Patricia W

Charleston, South Carolina
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“A great introduction to the city”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My wife and I met Gary on the first morning of our two-day stay in S.A., for the history tour. Gary did an excellent job of bringing both the big picture and some of the little details to life. His presentation of the Alamo battle, while sitting in the middle of the battle site, was especially impressive. There was just enough walking around the downtown area to get the lay of the land, but not too much to take away from the large amount of information. And his asking price is far below similar tours we've had in other cities. Highly recommend and will someday, I hope, have a chance for the architecture tour.

Visited March 2012
San Antonio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“King Williams”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

San Antonio is my hometown and the King William’s neighborhood is one of my favorite neighborhoods. I love walking through the area and diving out of town visitors through the neighborhood. Therefore I was intrigued when I learned of the San Antonio Walks, King William’s tour. I hesitate to recommend something if I haven’t tried it myself, so I took the tour. I was skeptical. How interesting can an architectural tour be? However as the tour guide began to speak, I was drawn in and became fascinated as he pointed out the style and the architectural detail of the homes. Our tour guide for the morning was very professional and relaxed.His passion for the information he shared with us became more and more apparent as the tour progressed. Now I find, myself looking at other buildings, searching for the details that make it unique. I would encourage all, visitors and San Antonio natives, to explore this neighborhood via this tour.

Visited November 2011
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An Incredible Guided Tour of History, Architecture....”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I saw this tour recommended on the Westin Web site. As stated, it is one of the best tours I have done. The History tour gives you not only the Alamo stories, but why the city and culture developed the way it did. There were several stopping and sitting spots along the way (very shaded). Gary, my guide, truly shows his love of history in his careful story telling style. Very highly recommend this tour.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank angelaleeward
Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Want a Vacation Where You Can Do A LOT?”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

San Antonio is one of those places where if you want to do something different every day, you can. Between the River Walk, the Mi Tiera 24 hour bakery and resturant, the Mexican shopping area (the largest Mexican shopping area outside of Mexico!), the 2 hour drive to the Border (make sure you have a change for the Border crossing, along with identification!) It's all there!
The Alamo is worth the trip, and shopping is right next door. HEB grocery store has the best fresh meals to go, and another excellent bakery!
Oh, and don't forget the military bases where you can get an excellent look at our military history, especially on Fort San Houston and the Quad!

Visited May 2011