“Really friendly and helpful on the check in process”

Days Inn San Antonio Near at&T Center
Ranked #234 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Booking the stay was easy peasy and the check in process was quick & friendly. Super nice lady at the front desk. Room was average for the price range. Bed was comfortable and large. Everything worked albeit a slowish internet connection. Gym was poor & needs attention so everything 'works'. In fact lots of 'little things' used to 'work' but didn't any more round the place. Not dirty, but standard of cleaning average at best. The breakfast room is best left alone unless one is fond of highly processed sugary things. We are not. I bought some fruit at the nearby H E B supermarket. Got great restaurant suggestions from the aforementioned front desk lady. Go to WWWhite street and turn right...Big Lou's has a Texas BBQ & a pizza restaurant side by side a couple of miles away.

Room Tip: I like the ground floor near the door to car park. Convenient.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We found everything in good order. Our stay was very gratifying. The clerks were excellent, especially the evening one. We enjoyed the pool as well as the near by restaurants. It's close to the down town area and other points of interest that we visited.

Room Tip: The room was in excellent condition and there isn't anything I would change. It has everything w...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Francisco A
Reviewed April 14, 2014

On the day I checked-in I read the reviews of the nearby hotels on TripAdvisor. All scared me but this one. Staying one night for the San Antonio Spurs game only I felt safe coming and going and it was affordable especially if you're buying expensive tickets to the game.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank J A
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here due to our semi breaking down and this hotel was in my price range. The neighbor hood is kind of run down. The front desk greeted us warmly. The lobby looked clean but needed a little update. The elevator needed clean as the floor was very sticky and the walls were really dirty. The fourth floor hall was a sauna. Our room looked clean but there was patch work done on the ceiling and there were small holes in the wall. The pool was a joke and the hot tub didn't work. Around 2:00pm my husband witnessed two of the staff (one front desk and the maintenance guy) going through a bag that a former guest left behind. Then a little bit later maintenance knocked on the door and didn't even wait 30 seconds before walking into our room to reprogram the tv (we went without cable for 4 hours) At 9:30pm The night front desk had their kids in the lobby and was letting them play on the computer.

If I were you don't stay here unless you have too, but if you do make sure you have everything you came with when you leave.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Anna T
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Terrible. Room not ready at check in. Not assigned correct room. Night mgr knocked on door at 11:00 pm to verify occupancy. Kids running the halls until 3:00am. Breakfast not ready and cold. Will not stay here again. Posted review (2X) on Choice Hotels site but it was blocked.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Worst Comfort Inn we have stayed at. No coffee and no forks in the breakfast area. Person taking care of the area was no where in sight and it was vere dirty .I think they were rationing the toilet tissue none in our room . A bad place to stay

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel for four days due to my sister having surgery all was pretty good except for if you leave anything behind I believe that some of the Ladies working there are very dishonest my son left his 9" tablet he had only 2days yet it was not turned in but Karma is a B****. I know for sure it was in room no doubt about it. THIEVES

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family