“My First Time” 5 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Stone Oak
Cibolo, Texas
“My First Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was my first time at this place and hands down it was so delicious. The place was packed and service was very slow (completely understandable) but yet the food tasted so fresh. What was supposed to be cold was cold and the hot was hot. Prices were well worth it. The portion was huge. All I had was Spicy Tuna Roll and was full. I couldn't even finish my plate. Now, I am not a sushi snob and actually tried sushi for the first time in all my 35 years in Feb but I have had bad sushi. This place wasn't one of them. Will definitely be returning and even taking my kids.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Warm sushi”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was my first time to this establishment and I went because of the large bill board on 281; however, there are too many other good places. The miso soup was good ( get this free). We ordered a cucumber salad with shrimp and it was very good. I have worked in food service, so I may be more aware of food temps than others but the fish on the sushi was room temp. There were four sushi chefs leaning behind the counter and all the sliding doors were open on the sushi bar storage areas. The staff was not very friendly. Clean appearance in eating area and rest room. Just not a good overall feel.

1 Thank NoelMarieD
Blanco Texas
“Pretty good sushi, but pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

My friend and I are Sushi Zushi fans but right now they are closed so we opted for Kumori. The service was very good, the soup brought at the beginning of the meal was cold and blah, but free. They have a nice variety of sushi rolls, the one I had was very good. We ordered hot tea, and the teapot was leaking.

Cute place!

• Visited August 2012
“Lunch Time To Go”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I got it to go for the staff. The food was good and the to go packaging was easy and convenient. They had it ready to go on time. Overall I would recommend them! D.

Visited April 2012
“Interesting experience..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

I have been in the stone oak area for several years. If you wanted sushi before Kumori opened, it was Sushi Zushi or nothing. I grew rather fond of that restaurant. When Kumori opened up I was excited about the new option. I have gone 3 times. The first one, I promised I would never come back.

Quick Note:
The place is nice. Its rather small in comparison to its counterpart (Sushi Zushi). The clientele was a notch lower than in Sushi Zushi, perhaps because of the price difference, which in my opinion is not significant. Maybe $2 or $3 per roll difference. Wasn't completely sold.

The first time:

I ordered a sushi the waiter recommended which was terrible. It was sushi with melted cheese on top of it. I could tell they microwaved it. I wasn't able to finish it. I also ordered chicken and cheese kushiages (brochettes), and they brought me ketchup and called it "tomatto sauce"... I felt like I was at McDonalds eating nuggets. Service was sloppy. (A lot of reagan kids work part time here.)

2nd time:

I went, it was better.. I decided to stick to the essentials or basics if you will. I had california rolls and Philadelphia rolls. They were alright, nothing out of this world. Price was good. Service was so-so.

3rd Time:

I was dragged here by my girlfriend. We had essentials again (California and Philadelphia rolls). Nothing special. I'm sticking to Sushi Zushi.

• Visited April 2012