“Great locaton if you're going to the park!”

Sleep Inn & Suites at Six Flags
Ranked #153 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed June 6, 2010

The staff here is friendly and the price is great. I was here with a group of "coaster hounds" last fall and the location relative to the park was convenient. They don't have all of the amenities of a 4 star property, but it was just what we were looking for.

• Stayed: September 2009

Reviewed April 26, 2010

We stayed here for our vacation, and we had a such a wonderful stay. The staff here is very friendly, nice, and helpful. The location is really great! It doesn't matter what direction you go, there's great restaurants, shopping, and of course, it's right near Six Flags.

This hotel is in a great location, but it's almost a little hidden. Don't get me wrong, it's not hard to find, but in the midst of many other hotels, I think people may pass it by. We stayed here for 4 days, while lots of things were going on in San Antonio, and hardly ever ran into other guests. That was a good thing for us. They have an average sized indoor swimming pool, and we went swimming everyday that we were there, and only twice were there others in there, and they came in after we'd been swimming for a good hour or so. Also they have a small "gym" area, and no one ever used it either, so it was open when we wanted to use it.

As far as breakfast goes, they don't have too much to offer, but it was adequate. They have one of those waffle machines, cereal, apples and bananas, toast, and a few bagels.

The bed was very comfortable, the shower and bathroom were great, and there was also an iron and ironing board in the closet if we needed it, so that was cool. It was a very clean hotel and nice too. We really have no complaints! Plus, we felt safe too.

There's a wonderful little outdoor mall down not too far from here. It's called "The Shops at La Cantera." If you stay here, I'd definitely recommend checking it out, especially at night (of course, only if the weather's nice). It's a beautiful area to walk around in, even if you don't care to buy anything or shop! There's also lots of good restaurants there.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2010

Rooms are clean and well-appointed. Staff is friendly and very helpful. The hotel is in a great location. I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2010

We stayed at Sleep Inn on New Years Eve and Jan 01. We were able to check in a little early (2:00) on New Years Eve. Room was what we had reserved. Two queens with sleeper sofa. Beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows. My 8 year old slept on the sleeper and never complained. Staff provided us with extra linens and pillows for the sofa. Entire hotel was clean and we always felt safe.
Out late for New Years so we missed breakfast the next morning but an IHOP is only five minutes away. Plenty of quick and casual dining all around the Sleep Inn.
The indoor pool was nice and the kids really enjoyed it. Hot tub was a little cool at first but once we told front desk they came and turned the heat up. Staff was always around and albeit busy they were very helpful.
Noise was never a real problem but we could hear someone running around on the floor above us but they quit after a few minutes.
Breakfast on day 2 was good. Plenty of waffles, muffins, fruit, cereal, juices and coffee. They prompty close at 9. Sleep Inn is close to Fiesta and about 15 minutes from downtown. A little hard to see as it's set back off the frontage road and behind an older motel. Plenty of well lit parking. If we want to stay near Fiesta we will stay at the Sleep Inn.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I thought this place was great. The rooms are big, clean, and nice. It wasn't until it was time to go to sleep I could hear EVERYTHING! The phone ringing in the room next to me, everyone in the hallway (don't stay by the elevator). I finally had to call at 1:30 in the moring and tell the front desk the people next to us were being so loud I couldn't sleep. I wished places like this would take the extra step and invest in some type of sound proofing insulation.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank jenandtrav
Reviewed December 27, 2009

My husband, adult son and I were in San Antonio for Christmas with family. After checking TripAdviser reviews of motels in northwest San Antonio, we selected this one for our 3 day stay and were absolutely pleased with the accomodations. The lobby was tastefully decorated for Christmas. Our room and bath were cheerful and very clean and the beds comfortable. The staff was helpful and the waffles for breakfast just what I wanted. My husband is allergic to cigeratte smoke and this motel is all smoke free!!! Really Great!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2009

I booked two adjoining rooms for my wife and two adult daughters with the hotel directly. The person on the phone handling the reservation was cheerful and extremely helpful. Our stay in late Nov was not in peak season so the hotel was not busy. All of my family were completely wowed by the over the top home spun friendliness of the staff. Coming from a small town ourselves in upstate New York this was appreciated. We always got a hello and goodbye as we passed the desk with unsolicited inquiries made regarding our daily activities to understand if we needed any assistance.

The hotel looks fairly new and the rooms were spotless and well maintained. I loved the walk in L shape cove style shower that allowed me to take a shower without having to deal with the typical curtain or door. My family travels once or twice a year together for vacation and have almost always had to spend much more money per night for a lot less in the way of amenities then what this hotel offered at a very affordable price.

My oldest daughter had met us in San Antonio after staying the previous week for a conference related to her job. The hotel she booked was the upscale Sheraton located on the River Walk. Her comment after making the move to Sleep Inn & Suites with us was that it was a move up in comfort and amenities. Both inside and outside the hotel was quiet with parking located right next to the hotel,

The provision for the continental breakfast was as good or better then the many others we have had at other hotels. The only difference was the waffle maker which stamped out waffles that looked like that state of Texas. This could only happen in Texas  My family got a chuckle out of that.

The only negative is the how busy traffic can be on Interstate 10 during the morning or evening rush hours. Trying to exit from Beckwith Blvd to the road that feeds Interstate 10 can be tricky during this time and not for the faint of heart. It is still doable as long as you leave yourself enough time if you need to navigate this during rush hour.

In summary for my family this was a great place to stay for an excellent price. We would stay there again in a heart beat and recommend this hotel for anyone staying in San Antonio.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family