“Very clean and nice, but paper thin walls”

Sleep Inn & Suites at Six Flags
Ranked #157 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston
“Very clean and nice, but paper thin walls”
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I thought this place was great. The rooms are big, clean, and nice. It wasn't until it was time to go to sleep I could hear EVERYTHING! The phone ringing in the room next to me, everyone in the hallway (don't stay by the elevator). I finally had to call at 1:30 in the moring and tell the front desk the people next to us were being so loud I couldn't sleep. I wished places like this would take the extra step and invest in some type of sound proofing insulation.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank jenandtrav

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Richardson
Reviewed December 27, 2009

My husband, adult son and I were in San Antonio for Christmas with family. After checking TripAdviser reviews of motels in northwest San Antonio, we selected this one for our 3 day stay and were absolutely pleased with the accomodations. The lobby was tastefully decorated for Christmas. Our room and bath were cheerful and very clean and the beds comfortable. The staff was helpful and the waffles for breakfast just what I wanted. My husband is allergic to cigeratte smoke and this motel is all smoke free!!! Really Great!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Springwater, New York
Reviewed December 16, 2009

I booked two adjoining rooms for my wife and two adult daughters with the hotel directly. The person on the phone handling the reservation was cheerful and extremely helpful. Our stay in late Nov was not in peak season so the hotel was not busy. All of my family were completely wowed by the over the top home spun friendliness of the staff. Coming from a small town ourselves in upstate New York this was appreciated. We always got a hello and goodbye as we passed the desk with unsolicited inquiries made regarding our daily activities to understand if we needed any assistance.

The hotel looks fairly new and the rooms were spotless and well maintained. I loved the walk in L shape cove style shower that allowed me to take a shower without having to deal with the typical curtain or door. My family travels once or twice a year together for vacation and have almost always had to spend much more money per night for a lot less in the way of amenities then what this hotel offered at a very affordable price.

My oldest daughter had met us in San Antonio after staying the previous week for a conference related to her job. The hotel she booked was the upscale Sheraton located on the River Walk. Her comment after making the move to Sleep Inn & Suites with us was that it was a move up in comfort and amenities. Both inside and outside the hotel was quiet with parking located right next to the hotel,

The provision for the continental breakfast was as good or better then the many others we have had at other hotels. The only difference was the waffle maker which stamped out waffles that looked like that state of Texas. This could only happen in Texas  My family got a chuckle out of that.

The only negative is the how busy traffic can be on Interstate 10 during the morning or evening rush hours. Trying to exit from Beckwith Blvd to the road that feeds Interstate 10 can be tricky during this time and not for the faint of heart. It is still doable as long as you leave yourself enough time if you need to navigate this during rush hour.

In summary for my family this was a great place to stay for an excellent price. We would stay there again in a heart beat and recommend this hotel for anyone staying in San Antonio.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Clovis, California
Reviewed November 1, 2009

Just spent one night at this hotel while meeting up with my daughter in San Antonio. This hotel has only been open a year, so everything is still new and nice. It even smells new! It's a non-smoking hotel and was very reasonably priced. There was no shortage of breakfast items and it was perfect for what I was looking for. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009
Fort Worth
Reviewed July 24, 2009

We were really pleased with this hotel. The room had a sleeper sofa, so we had three beds. The sleeper mattress wasn't the best, but the kids didn't seem to mind that much. The room was also clean and had a microwave and refrigerator which is always a plus for our family. There is also free continental breakfast -- another big plus for our family. The kids loved the indoor pool. The management was nice and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Nekoosa, Wi
Reviewed June 13, 2009

The hotel is brand new, only opened the past eight months, so everything is in excellent condition. If your looking for a place to stay when visiting Six Flags this is the place, only 5 minutes from the park entrance. There are numerous restaurants within a five minute drive from the hotel, from fast food to casual dining. The rooms were very clean with a flat screen TV and excellent reception. The breakfast consisted of the usual hotel breakfast items, waffles, cereal, toast, etc. One of the problems that we encountered was that they didn't have a separate person taking care of the breakfast bar and we had to go to the front desk asking them to replenish items. The entire staff was very courteous and helpful but I really believe they're trying to operate with a minimal staff. The other problem that we encountered was with the swimming pool, one of the few hotels with an indoor swimming pool. The water in the heated pool was very cold and the hottub luke warm which was disappointing to our grandchildren. We informed the manager and he turned up the heat but then they encountered a chlorine problem and had to close the pool for the evening. I'm sure this was an isolated incident and they were very apologetic and tried to resolve the situation. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone with a family visiting Six Falgs because of it's location and cleanliness.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
cenicienta2000
Reviewed April 13, 2009

Location is so convenient to Six Flags and the Cantera Shops. New hotel , spacious rooms with an indoor pool that my kids enjoyed after a hot day at Six Flags. They do not have a great selection of food for Breakfast , but they have some awsome waffles.
Hotel looks new and clean, nice and friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family