“One of my favorite spots on earth”
Review of San Antonio River

and up
San Antonio River Walk Cruise and Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #5 of 266 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: Scenic river winds through the town of San Antonio.
Dallas, Texas
319 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 245 helpful votes
“One of my favorite spots on earth”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

If I could only go to one vacation spot for the rest of my life, it would be San Antonio. I love the city and the river is a big part of the reason. It's a river for all ages. I remember being a little kid and loving it. I've spent the day shopping on it. I've taken the historical perspective. I've eaten on the Mexican food barges. I've walked miles and miles and miles. I've watched Shakespeare and ballet folklorico in the amphitheather. I've eaten at the Irish pub and the riverside steakhouse. I've been so many times I can't count them and I'd go back tomorrow. Love, love, love. I haven't been since they added the Pearl District to the Riverwalk, but I'm dying to go!

• Arabic first
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“How you like it.”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Weekends on the riverwalk are always crowded. I recommend a better alternative is early to mid week for your visits. Beware a recurrent problem with credit card use at riverwalk restaurants, I experienced tips being added to my receipt post payment when I had tipped with cash. This happened at three different restaurants on three different occasions. telephone complaints to the management resolved these irregularities, but lead me to believe this is an ongoing and pernicious activity.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank RV9412
Albuquerque, New Mexico
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Was fun enough!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I thought it was worth it for the price and a nice enough experience. I had already walked most of the river walk at this point but it was nice to see it from the water. A little more history narration might have been nice however.

Beaumont, TX
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Night Ride”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We road the riverboat at night. It was a nice experience. The guide was very informative and professional.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank txcyn
Columbia, Missouri
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fun relaxing experience”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Definitely a must do if you go to San Antonio. The tickets are cheap, and for a small amount more, you can do a dinner cruise.

Visited March 2013