Hotel Gibbs Downtown San Antonio Riverwalk
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Wyndham Riverside Suites(San Antonio)
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
Menger Hotel(San Antonio)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshotel indigooffice buildinggibbs buildingbar bistrooriginal elevatorfront deskwood floorsthe river walkhistorical buildingvalet parkingunique hotelvalet servicecorner roomking suitelocation was perfectbed was very comfortableconvention center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 13, 2010

I tend to read the negative reviews first before staying in a place. My work was paying, so I wasn't as rigorous in my investigation beforehand (plus I had to stay within the state department rate). I was really pleasantly surprised: the room was plenty spacious with a little work area and a lounging chair and a nice size bed. The bathroom etcetera was nice, too. The best part was the service in both the hotel and the restaurant, which was outstanding. The location is really perfect for the convention center and is right across from the Alamo.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank CamrinC
alamoindigo, General Manager at Hotel Gibbs Downtown San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2010

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We strive to make the guests stay pleasant and memorable. We hope to see you again on future trips to San Antonio.

Holly Evans - GM
Hotel Indigo, at the Alamo

Reviewed October 20, 2010

I enjoyed stay in Indigo Hotel. Our room at 7th floor was spacious and comfortable. Hotel has great location for Riverwalk and Alamo. Parking fee is very high, but there is public parking (Alamo Parking) next to the hotel ($8 for 24h) and you can park on the street (cheap meters are located nearby on the Alamo Street).

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ke1con
Reviewed October 19, 2010

My husband and I traveled to San Antonio to celebrate our anniversary, and explore a city we have never been to before. We stayed in room 204 which was quite clean with a large flat screen TV. Our stay at The Indigo was very nice for several reasons. First, was the location of this historic building, it is just across the street from the famous Alamo, but it is also only a short two blocks down to the River Walk. Second good reason to stay at this property is the staff, everyone was overly helpful and attentive, especially Alex at the front desk and Michael the bartender. The last positive would have to be the king size bed which offered us a good nights sleep every night we stayed in this hotel. Now it is not a 5 star and we did not expect it to be, every room only has a shower no bath tub and the water pressure was just OK. We only ate one meal (breakfast) on premises, it was only fair, so for the next two mornings we ate at The Menger Hotel just down the street,and all other meals were on the River Walk, which is what we had planned anyway. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hummingbird112
alamoindigo, General Manager at Hotel Gibbs Downtown San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2010

Thank you so much for the kind words on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Hotel Indigo. We appreciate you choosing Hotel Indigo and we strive to make every guest experience a memorable one. We are so proud of our location and proximity to all the great things to do and see in downtown San Antonio. Please think of us again on future trips to San Antonio. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2010

The service prior to our staying at Hotel Indigo and while we were there was awesome...but, I left a hat in the room and my husband called when I realized I had left it. The manager assured him that they would send it out after confirming they would charge us for shipping. It has been one week and no hat, two telephone calls with promises of a manger to call us back and we have not received a call back. I am a travel agent and would love to refer clients to this hotel because of all of the amenities but with this type of after travel treatment I am very hesitant. If I were to treat a client this way I know I would not have repeat business....

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for staying at Hotel Indigo, at the Alamo on your last trip to San Antonio. My name is Holly Evans, General Manager. I was unaware of any issues with a missing hat that was left behind. I would love to speak with you personally about this so I can either help locate your hat or help replace the hat if it has not been located by you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can resolve the issue and return or replace any missing items. Thank you so much for posting a comment on Trip Advisor. Your comments are appreciated.

Reviewed October 14, 2010

Got a great rate on this newer hotel with breakfast. The hotel is very clean. Breakfast was tasty. Staff are quite helpful. The location is a few blocks from the riverwalk and right across from the Alamo.
So good location all around.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family