“Awesome service while you are there...but, when you leave forget it!”

Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo
Ranked #61 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Liberty Hill
“Awesome service while you are there...but, when you leave forget it!”
Reviewed October 17, 2010

The service prior to our staying at Hotel Indigo and while we were there was awesome...but, I left a hat in the room and my husband called when I realized I had left it. The manager assured him that they would send it out after confirming they would charge us for shipping. It has been one week and no hat, two telephone calls with promises of a manger to call us back and we have not received a call back. I am a travel agent and would love to refer clients to this hotel because of all of the amenities but with this type of after travel treatment I am very hesitant. If I were to treat a client this way I know I would not have repeat business....

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
alamoindigo, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo, responded to this review, November 12, 2010
Thank you so much for staying at Hotel Indigo, at the Alamo on your last trip to San Antonio. My name is Holly Evans, General Manager. I was unaware of any issues with a missing hat that was left behind. I would love to speak with you personally about this so I can either help locate your hat or help replace the hat if it has not been located by you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can resolve the issue and return or replace any missing items. Thank you so much for posting a comment on Trip Advisor. Your comments are appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Got a great rate on this newer hotel with breakfast. The hotel is very clean. Breakfast was tasty. Staff are quite helpful. The location is a few blocks from the riverwalk and right across from the Alamo.
So good location all around.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Stayed at the Indigo Hotel in San Antonio for a night in early October as part of a cross-country road trip. Booked through Hotwire, so the price was great.

The hotel is housed in a historic old office building built in 1909, and faithfully restored to many of the original details: orginial hallway water fountains, orignial elevator facade, etc. The hotel was certainly striving to be urban-chic, and the concept of renovating an old office building (while maintaining many of the original historical details) is a very interesting and lofty idea.

Check in was smooth. We elected to use Valet Parking ($25 which some might consider steep, but we felt was worth the peace of mind versus parking in an open lot in a downtown area all night). We got up to our room which was decorated nicely and we really appreciated the historical details again, but we quickly noticed a few spots where the execution fell short.

The tile and even the sink in the bathroom were both cracked, which was surprising considering the hotel has just recently opened. As mentioned in other reviews, the AC is absolutely quite loud. It could be a problem if you are a light sleeper!

We saw a couple of small beetles crawling on the floor and as we investigated behind the bed, we found literally dozens of dead cricket bodies strewn across the floor. While we certainly understand that its Texas and crickets are an issue that many times can't be avoided, the fact there were so many dead ones behind the bed led me to wonder about the overall cleanliness of the room and how thorough of a job housekeeping does. It wasn't like it was hard to see all these dead crickets - we didn't even have to move the bed or anything. This was certainly the biggest negative of the room.

However - it is essential that I point out how wonderfully and quickly the front desk staff handled our complaint. We were given a different room and the housekeeping went up to ensure there were no dead bugs in our new room. The manager also gave us coupons for free breakfast in the hotel restaurant. The staff was nothing but friendly and accomodating and so I feel they handled the situation very well.

We had dinner and breakfast at the restaurant there as well as drinks. The bartender was outstanding and gave us all kinds of information about the Alamo and the building itself, as well as made some outstanding drinks!

In short - the hotel has a very lofty concept and aspires mightily to reach a plateau of urban sophistication. With just a little more attention to the finest details - I think this will be a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BigFish78
Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay at Hotel Indigo. Your comments are greatly appreciated. I have passed along the comments to all appropriate departments for further review. We always want to correct any issues a guest may have in our hotel. The only way we know to improve on our amenities and service is to hear from our guests. So, thank you for the constructive feedback as well as the kinds words on the staff. We truly do want every guest to have a memorable experience and we strive hard to ensure all guests know how much their patronage is appreciated. We hope to have you stay with us again on future trips to San Antonio.

Holly Evans, GM
Williamsville, New York
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. It was originally built in 1909 as the first skyscraper in San Antonio. It has been very nicely renovated with modern furnishings, refinished wood floors, yet still maintains the original tile lobby. My room had a large windows with a view of the Alamo.

The hotel is within an easy walking distance of the Riverwalk, Convention Center, and many restaurants

The staff was very nice. I had an excellent stay, except for one thing--- they forgot to give me my wake-up call on the last morning.

I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Harlingen, Texas
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Awful! A nightmare! Never again.
Room very small.Just enough room for the queensize bed. No inroom movies.
Pillows very uncomftable. Valet Park $25! And to self park is inconvenient and not safe.
Booked through hotwire and this is my first biggest disappointment. boo

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 22, 2010

This is a new hotel with a view of the Alamo. it's within walking distance of downtown, river walk, the mall, a trolley that can take you further around San Antonio, and more. The service was superb throughout the hotel. Alex greeted us at the front desk with charm, Michael served us drinks at the hotel bar with stories and extensive knowledge of the area, and the cleaning staff was prompt and thorough. The beds are luxurious, rooms have a flat screen TV with many channels, and each room is unique due to the remodeling of an older hotel. It's a unique mix of history and modern style. I would recommend this hotel to anyone: for business or pleasure, families, couples, or solo travelers.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank MichiganGirl25
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 21, 2010

Do not use the valet parking.....they wrecked our truck and they lied about it....!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
alamoindigo, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo, responded to this review, August 30, 2010
I would really like the guest to contact me directly to let me know of the situation with the Valet parking and the claim of a wrecked vehicle. I would like more information as I am unaware of any damage to a vehicle parked with us. I would like to see what we can do to rectify the situation with the guest as our main goal is to have happy guests.