“Great boutique hotel next to the Alamo!”

Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo
Ranked #61 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Bristol, Connecticut
“Great boutique hotel next to the Alamo!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights for a wedding in San Antonio and this was a great location next to the Riverwalk and Alamo! The room was kind of small but we were only in it to sleep so who cares, also there was some older charm as the older elevators and some of the furnishings that added some character to what would normally be a boring chain hotel for what we paid! I don't see why there would be anything bad to say for the price, great location and the room was very clean and well decorated and the fact that it is in a historical building is just a plus!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JayCola61984
IndigoAlamo, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear JayCola61984 -The historic charm and uniqueness of the Gibbs Building gives a special character to this Hotel Indigo. Additionally, we are the only hotel in the original grounds of the Alamo! We look forward to your next stay!!
Angela Alvarado -GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Arkadelphia, Arkansas
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Faces the Alamo and is walking distance to shops and Riverwalk. Very small rooms but clean. Bathroom was clean and sufficient. The restaraunt serves a great breakfast and staff are very friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Johnniedunn -Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again! Our historic building in the center of everything downtown San Antonio has to offer is a great choice for business or pleasure.
Angela Alvarado GM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The Hotel Indigo is a small, intimate hotel. It has an art-deco decor and the rooms are small but comfortable and stylish. From our corner room we could see across the street to the Alamo. Bar is small but perfect for a nightcap, The location is perfect for travelers who do not rent a car, as the Riverwalk and Alamo are withing a very short walk. Would definately stay here again! Staff was very nice and accomodating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jsutilla
George C, Director of Sales at Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate your feedback. We are looking forward to seeing you on our next visit!

George Cantu
Director of Sales
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I got this hotel at a great rate from Hotwire; which always makes me a little uneasy not knowing until you've paid. I was pleasantly surprised at both the location and the quality of the rooms. While it's right across from the Alamo, it is also within a short walking distance from the Riverwalk. The rooms were well maintained and although the layout was a little awkward, I have no real complaints. It doesn't have the amenities of a larger hotel (pool, etc.), but I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a cozy getaway, and would personally stay there again if given the opportunity.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cliffy422
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so happy you loved our hotel and all its charm and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to San Antonio!
Bonifay, Florida
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Staying in downtown San Antonio is usually about easy access. Hotel Indigo is in a great location, Just a few steps from the Alamo and the River Walk. The hotel has a valet to park your car for an additional $25, but there are a number of city parking lots within a few blocks, which would save a little on parking. The hotel interior owes its appearance to the fact that this was once an office building. Many of the historic qualities of the building have been kept. I liked this clean and classic look. The staff was friendly and helpful at all times. The room was clean and well appointed. We had two queen beds, which were very comfortable with nice bedding. I have read complaints about the rooms being small. In a town like San Antonio, I only need a room for sleeping and cleaning up, so the size was fine with me. We had a large window, which let in plenty of natural light, but there were blackout curtains which made it very dark for sleeping. There is a small café downstairs, which serves a full menu and has a decent bar with several nice beers on tap. After walking all evening, it was nice to enjoy a nice nightcap before bed. There were two detractors that need improvement in my opinion. The internet is unbearably slow, which I see as unacceptable in a modern hotel in this price range. Also, the coffee provided in the room is horrible and the coffee from the café downstairs is only slightly less horrible. I am not a coffee snob; I drink McDonald's coffee, so I just expect a good cup of coffee in the morning. If I return to San Antonio, I would definitely select Hotel Indigo again. It's pluses out weigh its minuses.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how we are doing. We at Hotel Indigo Alamo, appreciate your feedback and take it seriously. We apologize about our internet as we recently went through a band width upgrade to make it faster for all of our guests. Please give us another try on your next visit to San Antonio.

George Cantu
Director of Sales
Atlanta, GA.
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Do not drink the Indigo cool-aide. Due to the fact my room was booked thru HOTELS.com I got a great rate. Don't show up a day late readers. I was classified as a "no show" due to the fact I missed my check in date by a day. The young lady at the front desk
informed me with a nazi type zeal that my entire reservation could not be honored and I was to be turned away like the Savior because of it half way thru my stay.. My money's however held in escrow by a web hotel provaior and I thankfully would receive a partial refund. It's like the old Seinfeld episode. we took your reservation but.....
Rubbed me the wrong way readers when I was allowed to stand by as the attendress call her manager for a "force" thru to keep the reservation I PAID FOR IN ADVANCE and glibly, semi brazenly was rebuked. " "That's the way it is when you are a no show for a reservation TOTALLY PAID FOR UP FRONT."
So now I am in my room for a partial stay and turn on the air conditioning. A MOTEL 6 has a air conditioning unit this facility would be proud of. Stay here and see because I asked for a new room and got the same Chinese water torture volume Air conditioning WURR loud pitched unit in the next room as well. Dirty floor drops in common area's , elevators and lobby.
Wanna stay in a campy, cruddy,cramped, styaded hotel , your here.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear acberkmar,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received serviced poor service from our staff, the air conditioning and poor cleanliness which was unacceptable. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tumon
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed at The Indigo in downtown San Antonio across from the Alamo recently and was very pleased. Stayed in room 211, which is a large corner room, King bed, separate sitting area with a couch, LARGE bathroom and water closet (toilet and shower). Building was an old office building converted into a hotel and it maintains many of it's earlier charm (wooden floors, narrow but adequate hallways, HIGH ceilings, large windows, plaster walls). This is very much a "boutique" hotel so don't expect the frills of a large hotel but the charm and comfort a smaller more intimate property affords. Bed was very comfortable and air conditioning worked well (which can be a problem in older buildings). My only criticism is the closet was very small for a room that had so much space. Staff was very friendly and attentive. They were very helpful with directions and reservations so I could not be more complimentary. I would definitely recommend The Indigo to anyone traveling to San Antonio and suggest they request an "11" series room preferably 4th floor or higher so they will have a great view of The Alamo and surrounding square from their bedroom window.

Room Tip: Request an "11" series room preferably 4th floor or higher so you will have a great view o...