“great hotel, wonderful staff”

Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo
Ranked #88 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Had to stay here for an extended business trip, and had a wonderful experience. The hotel is a renovated historical office building. It has kept the charm but has up to date, comfortable and lovely guest rooms. The location could not be more convenient. What really made this stay exceptional, though, were the staff. Chellie in the restaurant always took great care of me and was the best part of the mornings. The staff smiled and seemed genuinely happy that I was staying there. Housekeeping was excellent, and the hotel is impeccably clean. Great experience. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank alldingo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Cramped- no room to move around, can hear everything outside the room, beds uncomfortable, no amenities, no towels available, sink cracked, no microwave, no fridge, parking is valet only and 25.00 per night, no restaurants close by, mall across the street- that's nice if you need a mall. . . staff nice. Stay at the Marriott.

Room Tip: Get a room away from Plaza
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mng1987
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear mng1987,

Thank you very much for writing a review regarding your recent stay. I am glad to read that you found our staff nice. However, I would like to apologize that our hotel facilities, room amenities and condition of our room accommodations fell below your expectations. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Thank you again for your review. We hope to serve you soon and provide you with a better experience.

Zelyn N

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I love this place I have stayed multiple times and they have always been extremely accommodating and the rooms are awesome. The food and the bar are a little spendy but what hotel isn't. The biggest drawback is that the parking isn't the most secure, but I have never had problems and parking is a pain the the butt in downtown anywhere. But the best part are the beds, they are hands down the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Skichugach
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel right after Christmas and had a great stay. We had a corner room which was big, and the price was fantastic! The organization I work with consequently booked a retreat here in mid-Janaury for about 15 staff. The meeting rooms are a good size although they are in the basement so we went upstairs for a bit of sunlight! The staff went above and beyond in all ways to meet our needs. We even had one of our group become ill during the trip, and the kitchen staff made her a special batch of chicken soup. The breakfast and lunches during our reteat were fresh and delicious! After the retreat I stayed for the weekend with my family joining me to spend the weekend in San Antonio celebrating my son's 13th birthday. I had mentioned this to the staff, and we were so very surprised to find a gift bag of goodies in our room for him along with a birthday card personally signed by many of the hotel staff. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a larger corner room!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy J
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a Hotel Indigo in Scotland, and we did not find the San Antonio Alamo property to be of the same caliber. The location was excellent for access to the riverwalk and the Alamo, the staff was friendly, the rooms were nicely renovated and the price was reasonable. However, the rooms were tiny and the walls were thin so my quality of sleep was not great between guests making noise in the hall and traffic from outside. Also, our reservation got mixed up and we ended up with a Queen room instead of King. The staff informed us that there were no King rooms available. We were compensated with free drinks in the lounge, but I would have prefered the King room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amanda G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Amanda G,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. It is very pleasing to know that you liked our location. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced over the noise and over the confusion on room assignments. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Very small rooms at the Hotel Indigo at the Alamo in comparison to Hotel Contessa last year , despite being of a similar rate. Overnight stays are probably ok but not enough room if staying for 5 nights! No recognition for being a Priority Club Gold member (all other hotels I go to in the Holiday Inn chain upgrade me or give me a free drink at least. No laundry service available only dry cleaning. No safes in the room. At reception they had safety deposit boxes which could fit documents only not ipads let alone laptops.
No buffet breakfast available at the hotel and a la carte options only; making this an expensive option. Restaurant at hotel was in fact more of a ‘diner’ which had no door and specialising in deep fried food meant that the whole hotel constantly smelt. No separate bar in hotel therefore no meeting place for us and our customers in the hotel except the lobby or then we again had to endure smelling of fried food again. Service in hotel restaurant/diner was appalling. Frequently only 1 staff member working who became very aggressive when we tried to hurry her up to pay one day. Diner opening hours were not kept. We arrived one night at 5pm when they opened to be told to come back at 5.30pm as they had no staff to serve us (we went next door to the Emily Morgan who had no issues serving us a glass of wine!). We all had to request new pillows as the standard ones were so large we worried about bad necks. Cigarette bin in front of hotel was always overflowing and rarely emptied. I had to call maintenance twice to my room as the shower holder was broken, shower door had to open as it scraped along shower bottom, ants in room and front door failed to close on many occasions. Air conditioning was very noisy, despite turning it off; it always sounded on and sounded like someone was having a shower! One of our guests in our group on check in used a debit card to pre-authorise any extras. He complained to the hotel after finding his card had been blocked as they had taken the full payment for his accommodation despite saying it would be for extras only. Gym air conditioning was rarely on. Saddle on bike was not secured and fell off whilst I was on it. Luggage trolleys were left in front of the hotel door one night (the one we had to use to gain access to); making it very difficult for us to get in. Housekeeping was frequently late in cleaning rooms meaning sometimes we did not have their rooms cleaned as we would be back from the conference and needed them again. Key cards to the rooms expired on an almost daily basis despite us staying longer. Throughout the stay we were annoyed that the lifts go bong throughout the night and not just the day. Corridors being old office block are very echoey and you can hear people walking past all the time. A lot to do here and I would never stay here again sorry.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else..
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank anon19
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear anon19,

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am deeply sorry about the overall dissatisfaction of your stay especially with the condition of the room accommodations and staff service that you received. I wish to thank you for your valuable feedback as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer.

Once again, thank you for your stay and leaving us a review.

Pam G.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at the Inidgo for a couple of nights and loved the historic feel to the hotel. The bar downstairs is worth a stop and you can't beat the location if you are are going to do things downtown.
The only parking option is the valet so if you can look for a public garage nearby ahead of time it could save you a few bucks.
You can litteraly see the Alamo from the front door of the hotel so a walk down to the riverwalk or the rivercenter mall is just a few minutes away.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple