Hotel Gibbs Downtown San Antonio Riverwalk
$150
$268
$239
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$98
  • Breakfast included
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
$158
$149
Hotels.com
$1,629
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$209
Westin.com
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
$153
  • Pool
All reviewshotel indigooffice buildinggibbs buildingbar bistrooriginal elevatorfront deskwood floorsthe river walkhistorical buildingvalet parkingunique hotelvalet servicecorner roomking suitelocation was perfectbed was very comfortableconvention center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel is in a great location, right by the Alamo. The hotel has a great deal of history with the Alamo which I shan't spoil for you.
The rooms are the typical Indigo cute standard.
Despite the lifts being quite confusing...you'll see what I mean!!!! the hotel is great fun.

I found the bar staff really friendly, and whilst the food is good it is not the most comfortable to dine fully in, but there is a plethora of restaurants right beside the hotel, so no biggy.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel was really very good. The location was perfect - nice views of the Alamo and just a couple of blocks from the river walk and the convention centre.

The room I stayed in was excellent: it consisted of two very nice rooms. Everything was very clean. The shower was excellent. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet and dark.

Breakfast was very good and the staff were consistently very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jasecl
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Good experience. Nice hotel. Friendly staff. Nice bistro. Good location. Nice decor. Good price. Very modern feel even though building is old.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The hotel was clean, comfortable, close proximity to everything; and above all the staff was beyond friendly. I was very satisified with our stay and will be staying at this hotel again when we return to San Antonio. You can tell that all members, from the front desk clerk to the valet team, everyone prides themselves in working in such a great, historical building. It was very nice to have met the GM as well on our visit. He made it a point to introduce himself while we were at the bar. Thanks!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room that faces the alamo. Perfect view!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The location of this hotel is just perfect! Across the street from the Alamo, the Menger, Emily Morgan, two blocks from the River Walk. What more could you ask for??? This was my first visit to San Antonio and I'm already planning a return.
Check-in was so easy (I am Platinum with the hotel chain) and when I asked for a view, Angela said "No Problem!". I was even paying with points so I thought I might not be so lucky but our room was amazing! A King Suite, 7th floor, huge bathroom, sitting room with pull out sofa, large bedroom with incredible views from every window. The whole art-deco feeling from the faux-elevator doors in the lobby to the heart-pine floors in the rooms is really something. There was a drinking fountain from the original office building when we got off the elevator and I swear you could sense what it must have been like at breaktime in that building 100 years ago. I personally love this sort of rehabilitation of a building that could have been razed to put up some concrete and glass monstrosity but wasn't. It's been given new life and is vibrant and welcoming.
People have complained about the parking. I asked one of the valets where they parked the cars and he told me 3.5 blocks away and that he's lost 10 lbs. since working there. I have to say that my car was at the front door before I could get down the elevator. As were two others behind me. I think these young people are doing a wonderful job!
Other complaints I've read were to the cleanliness of the rooms. It is an OLD, VERY OLD building. It is charming because of this. If you want a spotless, carpeted, regular hotel room, go stay at the Marriott.
Ah, the restaurant!!! When we were there, 1909 Bistro had just been voted best by popular vote in the "Taste of San Antonio" competition. Quite a coup for a hotel restaurant in competition with some very heavy hitters. Well, no wonder! Salsa that is to die for (I am from Los Angeles originally and pine for good Mexican food), so fresh and just delicious. Fish tacos, yumm! Breakfast was wonderful, too. Huevos rancheros. Good Margaritas (well not at breakfast)! Cruz is the manager and he introduced us to his staff (his "family") and we met a wonderful young lady, Fatima, who was only on her 2nd week working but who, I hope, will become a fixture there. Mucho simpatico and a great spirit among the staff.
To wrap up, I will most definitely make my return trip to San Antonio staying at the Indigo. It was marvelous!!!

Room Tip: If you want an incredible view and bigger room, ask for an upper floor ending in 14.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple