“Almost Perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #61 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Almost Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

Valet was outstanding. Check in was super fast. As always Cruz had it all together and knew what to offer. Tim in the Bistro was wonderful. He even gave our little one Fiesta bangles and lights.

Housekeeping was extremely slow. It took two days to get a box of tissues and only after having to go downstairs to get it. Sadly, the floors were dirty.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Marshfield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

We did not stay at the Hotel, but discovered the resteraunt as we passed by and observed the Texas Waffle sign outside. We were welcomed in by Tim, and met Cruze. They both made us feel at home. In addition to their Texas Waffle, my wife enjoyed an excellent breakfast sandwich. We were given a tour of the Hotel, and the history of this impressive building, It makes one appreciate the work that went into saving the historical value of the Gibbs Building. To realize what looked like a old water fountain to anyone appreciating the fact that it was original to the building, and that the office over door windows were realliy preserved. We not only had excellent service for that breakfast, but met again as we passed on our daily routes to the attractions. Tim offered some excellent local insider information to other attractions. Much more information than we had recieved from the Hotel we were staying at.

Austin TX area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

We had no idea what to expect when we booked at this hotel. The exterior is not impressive, but we were pleasantly surprised to find a very nice room, nice decor with very comfortable bed and pillows. The old office building converted to a hotel added to the charm of the place. I loved that they left the old mail drop in the hallways. The hallways reminded me of office buildings I worked in years ago in New York. The 24/7 valet service was a nice plus, but we didn't need it often as everything is within walking distance of this hotel. We will stay there again when we are in San Antonio.

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor overlooking Alamo St. We didn't hear any noise from either the...
League City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

The service was impeccable...everyone that we talked to was so very accommodating! The beds are comfortable and the room was clean but the ac kicked on and off a bit loud for me...and the lobby is small. Smell of the bistro was all over from when you walked in to in the elevator...there is a lot of history to this building and you can tell that everyone we came into contact with seemed to take great pride in our stay!

Room Tip: Loved the 8th floor! Bring ear plugs if your a light sleeper due to the ac and be sure to eat at th...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
alamoindigo, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
CJazzy,

We are truly glad that you had a wonderful stay with us. I will share your comments with the staff.
middleburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

The rooms are variable in size and furnishings because it is an old building that was renovated(nice and unique is a good description). The first night there we found that the pillows were to big and my wife did not sleep well in the bed. At breakfast the manager not only made sure we had the food and drink just the way we wanted it,but also inquired about our stay in the hotel.When he heard of our disappointment with the pillows he first said go to the front desk and have them changed. When my wife complained about the bed he went to the front desk to check on another room, then came back and informed us that after breakfast we should go there and be moved to another room.The second one was larger, had a comfortable bed and a view of the Alamo! I probably should admit my 300# plus size was likely to blame for the problem with the first bed.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Royse City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

I have stayed here three (3) times on business and I love staying here! The staff here is great and always wear a smile. Rooms are nice and unique. Beds and pillows are always comfy. I am not sure if the breakfast quesadilla is on the menu, but if they have it, you have to try it. I will definitely keep coming back! Note: they do charge for valet but it's worth it for the piece of mind. Love this little boutique hotel!

• Stayed April 2012
Dear morred,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay's with us. If we can make your future stays any more enjoyable let us know.
Albuquerque
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

The descriptions of the rooms I read and saw in no way reflected the small size of our room. I had called to confirm everything, as we were traveling to San Antonio for my birthday. When the reservations agent learned of my birthday, he said he would put in for an up grade. I think they misspelled it and wrote "down grade." An undersized queen size bed barely fit. We could not order room service, and no menu was provided for a very good reason - there was only one small desk chair and no room for any type of tray. Even the flat screen was placed on top of the dresser, because there was no wall space. Luckily, a friend who joined us, was placed in a regular room which was spacious. I don't know if I'm allowed to say the room number, but it had "09" at the end (in fact, a part of the room number was missing from the space beside the door). When I called Guest Services, I was informed that they were not at the hotel and had no idea what this room did not have to offer. San Antonio is a lovely city where we spend a weekend each year for my birthday. The only reason my rating above is a "2" resides iin the fact that the room was quiet and we have always enjoyed being near the Alamo.

Room Tip: Do not accept 709 as your room at any cost....
Dear ebd8888,

I am truly sorry that your stay was not up to standards. If you would like to discuss the matter further please do not hesitate to call me at the hotel. I want to make sure every guest here has the best experience possible.