This hotel is highly rated on Tripadvisor and deservedly so. Number one reason - the price. I've consistently found the best deals for San Antonio hotels on the visitor's website below.
We were able to get a 3 night stay averaging $118 (before tax). With just a $15/night parking fee with in/out privileges (and no valet tips), we were saving at least $75/day over a comparable quality hotel elsewhere in the San Antonio riverwalk area.
So what is the upside/downside of this hotel?
Upside - very upscale furnishings and decorations, well maintained, clean. Exceptionally friendly and efficient staff. Excellent elevators that move fast. Tues. - Thur. manager's reception from 5-7pm with wine, beer, cheese, and appetizers (and the manager actually comes around and greets you). Excellent hot breakfast with waffles, eggs, potatoes, meat (ham, links, or sausage patties), free USA Today, covered parking. Rooms are suites with microwaves and fridge. Comfortable bed and pillows. Good showers. Good sized flat screen TV. No problems with noise from corridor or other rooms. Easy access (less than a minute) to get on highway. Very little traffic to contend with.
Downside - as other's have noted, 4-5 blocks from either the Rivercenter mall or the riverwalk. You do have to go under an overpass and we did notice a few homeless people perhaps a block away. But it's not nearly as bad as you might think since the portion of the overpass next to the hotel is blocked off for the covered parking and is only accessed by those staying at the hotel. A gate on the far side puts you past the overpass and on your way to the riverwalk. Some nits - shampoo/conditioner not replaced one day, wished TV remote would skip a lot of unused channels to make it easier to navigate, wifi is free but weak when you're far from door - like laying on the bed (you may have to move towards the door to establish a connection first). Room could be a bit humid.
We've stayed on the riverwalk a half-dozen or so times and were very pleased with this hotel and would stay here again. We saw a lot of families staying here and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Hotel-Special Offer! Riverwalk & ALAMO 3 Blks. VOTED "BEST Value Downtown"!Even more with the Special Offer above includes Free Parking.This Mediterranean, boutique 3 STAR hotel gives the Traveler or Family seeking a unique experience the highest value downtown because every room sleeps up to a family of 6 and includes FREE breakfast buffet & FREE high-speed wireless internet throughout the hotel. Plus!FREE wine, beer, and hors d'oeuvres Tues-Thurs from 5-7pm NEW Tesla Charging stations and standard charging station just installed! Comfort Suites Alamo Riverwalk is perfect for everyone, families, Monthly rates for Military, leisure, Corporate Suites, convention discounts. 89 suites and all of the rooms come with a sleeper sofa, microwave, refrigeratorheated pool, hot tub, Walking distance to 100 restaurants, a mall, art galleries, museums, festivals, parks and more! Complimentary Cake and Champagen for Lackland Airforce graduates, Base Ft Sam Medical Courses(monthly rates) . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio
- Comfort Suites San Antonio