Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
1,191 results
All reviewsgeorgia rioswine and cheese receptionfood and beverage managerhotel ownerthe river walkmanager's receptionfree shuttlethe shuttle driverminute walkwaffleswalking distancethe breakfast areahot tubhomeless peoplefree breakfastparking feedowntown area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Hotel is great...Georgia is a real asset in food department...with great help from Gracie. All staff and accommodations are top notch. I would recommend this as clean, well maintained place to stay. It is convenient right off I35, short walk to Alamo and RiverWalk on other side. Will stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jmpstar
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We traveled from Houston to San Antonio to celebrate or 40th Anniversary. Time away is limited as we care for 3 grand kids. This location was excellent in every respect except average location. All that said we easily walked to the Alamo, the River walk, but drove to the Botanical Garden's, the art's gallery, the Spanish Governors mansion and several churches and cathedrals.

It all was a great get away for these old two birds and must say our room was excellent as was the motel staff and services. Highly recommend. Fred & Peggy (1973 - 2013)

Room Tip: We just called when we hit town and Megan took great care of us!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was very nice and rooms were good size for a family of four. Breakfast was average and nothing significant stood out. The wifi was a little weak on the top floor. The hotel is located next to interstate highway so expect road noise. The Alamo and Riverwalk are several blocks away and parking is $15 at hotel. Didn't really get a safe feel due to location and some shady characters lurking near the outside perimeter of hotel. I recommend taking a cab at night instead of walking with family to and from hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Tripguide1
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Very helpful staff who gave us directions and maps. Our room was large and very clean. Had coffee maker, micro and fridge. Very comfortable sitting area and clean bathroom. Very good position to walk into the Alamo area and the River Walk. Breakfasts were good and variable. The only downside is you are very near to the I-37 and get road noise. Luckily we had the AC on at night and that covered most of the noise.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JAN53
Reviewed October 4, 2013

If you hear a word "suite", you probably would not expect much from it. I, in fact, did not expect at all. Though the service and level of comfort went over my expectations. The room was big for the money I paid and the bed was really comfortable. Because I traveled solo as a woman, security could be an issue. However, I did not have any issue with security either. Location was also perfect because the downtown was in a walking distance. As a result, I was able to fully experience San Antonio without paying for gas. In addition, the front desk people can help you to find out what is good in the town if you ask them. Overall, I really really enjoyed it and I already miss being in San Antonio. Should I have chance to go back, I will definitely stay here again. Good location, good service, secured, and way more affordable than hotels in the middle of downtown San Antonio such as Grand Hyatt.
Of course, it was $300 for two nights and for a student like me that is a lot of money, but it was definitely worthy paying that much.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo