“Met my needs; location was not my favorite.”

Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk
Ranked #11 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was very nice and rooms were good size for a family of four. Breakfast was average and nothing significant stood out. The wifi was a little weak on the top floor. The hotel is located next to interstate highway so expect road noise. The Alamo and Riverwalk are several blocks away and parking is $15 at hotel. Didn't really get a safe feel due to location and some shady characters lurking near the outside perimeter of hotel. I recommend taking a cab at night instead of walking with family to and from hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Tripguide1

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Very helpful staff who gave us directions and maps. Our room was large and very clean. Had coffee maker, micro and fridge. Very comfortable sitting area and clean bathroom. Very good position to walk into the Alamo area and the River Walk. Breakfasts were good and variable. The only downside is you are very near to the I-37 and get road noise. Luckily we had the AC on at night and that covered most of the noise.

1  Thank JAN53
Reviewed October 4, 2013

If you hear a word "suite", you probably would not expect much from it. I, in fact, did not expect at all. Though the service and level of comfort went over my expectations. The room was big for the money I paid and the bed was really comfortable. Because I traveled solo as a woman, security could be an issue. However, I did not have any issue with security either. Location was also perfect because the downtown was in a walking distance. As a result, I was able to fully experience San Antonio without paying for gas. In addition, the front desk people can help you to find out what is good in the town if you ask them. Overall, I really really enjoyed it and I already miss being in San Antonio. Should I have chance to go back, I will definitely stay here again. Good location, good service, secured, and way more affordable than hotels in the middle of downtown San Antonio such as Grand Hyatt.
Of course, it was $300 for two nights and for a student like me that is a lot of money, but it was definitely worthy paying that much.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hotel is not on the Riverwalk; actually it is just across the interstate from the tourist area but you can walk under the interstate through the hotel parking lot and it is just a few blocks. It took us about 15 minutes to walk to the Alamodome. I read in other reviews that there was a hotel shuttle and I asked about it because it was raining when we arrived but was told there was not a shuttle available. The desk clerk said a cab ride to the Alamodome was about $5 but the rain let up and we walked. We returned without crossing back under the interstate to walk through the tourist area and I don't recommend it. The area was mostly deserted and we met a couple of shady characters. We were glad to get back to to the hotel. Our room was spacious and clean. Didn't care for the little square pillows. The small refrigerator worked well and the flat screen TV was nice. We had a room on the 2nd floor and it was quiet. The breakfast area was quite busy at 8:45 Sunday morning. The blueberry waffles were especially good. Did not care for the deli ham served instead of bacon or sausage. Parking is $15 and I requested that the room safe charge be removed because we did not need it. We used points to pay for our stay at this hotel and although it was nice, we will opt to stay at a hotel closer to the Riverwalk or Alamodome when we return to San Antonio.

2  Thank Travel2Pho2graph
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed here for one night on a trip with grandkids. Rooms clean, nicely furnished. A little smaller than I thought they would be, but were fine. Fridge, microwave, coffee maker. Bath nicely amenitied and very clean. A fuse blew due to the fact that we were running two hair dryers. Went to desk and reported and they had it fixed within 10 minutes. Staff very friendly and helpful - knowledgeable about San Antonio attractions. Breakfast buffet was great. Our grandkids were so excited when they saw they could make Texas shaped waffles! Pool is a little small, but enough for kids to enjoy.
For the money, this is a great deal. Price was very reasonable for such a tourist mecca as San Antonio.
I'd stay here again! Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Our view was of the street - not too appealing - if view is important to you, ask. Our room was nea...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was my second stay at Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk and I truly appreciate the value and quality of amenities. The suites are large and clean and the free in-room WiFi is a plus. Love the comfy beds and nice soft large bath towels. Check-in and out is fast and efficiency and the staff is courteous and friendly. The dining area is clean and spacious and offers delicious hot breakfast and a relaxing happy hour. You do have to pay daily for parking but that's not a deal breaker for me. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of the Riverwalk and Alamo. An additional plus for me is that there's easy access to the freeway! I'll be making several trips a year to San Antonio since my granddaughter and her new baby are living there now. I'm fairly sure Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk will become my home away from home.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have stayed at a number of Comfort Suites that are good but this hotel is the best. The King Suite was exceptionally large, the dining area was very comfortable, the food fresh and hot, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Everything was very clean and neat. The best value for a visit to the riverwalk.

Room Tip: It is near the highway so you should request a room on the opposite side. It's not that noisy t...