“Awesome Hotel”

Ranked #17 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Texas
“Awesome Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2010

From the moment we walked in the door of this hotel, we were greeted and treated as if we were extra special. The service in this great hotel is first rate. Really the Omni people could give lessons. The Omni and thestaff at this hotel made our stay there almost as good as home. My children thought it was actually better than home because of the wonderful breakfast buffet. The Omni is centrally located. We were never more than fifteen minutes from Sea World, The Riverwalk, and shopping. This hotel is top notch and we will be back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank TexasRoadtripmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2010

I stayed here every time I went to San Antonio for business. I originally picked the hotel due to its proximity to the company site I work in, but turns out that this hotel is in a convenient location itself - close to numerous restaurants, HEB (supermarket) etc. Rooms are spacious, in great shape and clean every time. Wireless internet does not work in all the rooms. I had twice the experience that I had to switch rooms because of this. Service, however, was an issue. Every time I needed something, for example, missing amenities and complimentary water (complimentary due to my elite status with Omni), it took more than an hour and multiple phone calls for them to fulfill the request. And usually after an hour, they brought the wrong item so I had to wait for another hour to just get a bottle of water.

Room service, on the other hand, was great and never missed the mark. The pools are decent too.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2010

Excellent hotel, don't forget your bathing suit and workout clothes.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2009

My mother and I stayed at the Omni Hotel in San Antonio from 10/24/09 to 10/27/09. Prior to getting there I had called and was advised that the hotel offered a free shuttle to and from the airport, as well to local sight seeing areas in town. Upon arriving at the airport, I did as was told. Once you get to the baggage claim, I was going to see a desk with someone that will give me the number for the Omni shuttle. I had been told that the shuttle comes out at the hour and the hotel is 15 minutes away. I called the hotel at around 640pm and was told that the shuttle would get there at 715pm. We are told to wait where all the other shuttles for Hotels and car rentals also park. It was now 730pm and no shuttle, by this time, all the other shuttles get to know you and ask who you are waiting for. I called the Omni twice. There was also another person waiting for the shuttle. The driver finally shows up, very nice, tells us that they had sent someone else and that person was waiting by another exit. Hello? You are the driver and have no idea as to where to wait. Well, he picked us up and everything ran smoothly afterwards. When we arrived, the front desk had everything set up for us. The room was quaint and everything as I had requested. On the 26th it was pouring in San Antonio, the manager let us borrow umbrellas, as we ventured out. We tried Bolos for a buffet breakfast and it was delicious. Everything was fresh. , the hotel has a small gift shop, but it was perfect for all your needs. The employees that we ran into were very friendly with the exception of a girl at the front desk, that must have been having a bad day. Our stay was very nice and if we return to San Antonio, we well defenitely stay at the Omni again.

• Stayed October 2009
1 Thank blancanj
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2009

Was a blast! Easy access to Sea World and The Alamo. Hotel was beautiful and very accommodating.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2009

Our family of four, 2 adults and two boys ages 8 and 12, stayed at the Omni from June 29th through July 6th, and were very pleased with our stay. We have stayed at different hotels in San Antonio, including the Marriott on I10/410, and the Omni has been the best choice so far.

We arrived at the hotel 2 hours prior to regular check-in, where we were greeted very warmly by the receptionist who told us that our early arrival wasn't a problem, and that we could occupy our room immediately without any additional cost. When we entered our room it was apparent that this was not the premier room we had booked but a regular room. The staff addressed this mistake right away, and not even 5 minutes later we were in our premier room.

Our room was divided into two separate spaces: a living area with a sofa sleeper, television and desk, and a sleeping area furnished with a king sized bed, armoire, television, nightstands, and closet. The windows in the bedroom are huge, reaching from floor to ceiling, and allowing for plenty of light and nice views. The king sized bed was very, very comfortable and included the extra pillows we had requested before our arrival. The sofa sleeper could have been a tad bigger, but was sufficient for our kids. Our request to bring us additional covers for our kids was taken care off, promptly. The televisions aren't the fancy new flat screen television, but are rather dated. This aspect, however, didn't bother us much since we didn't come to San Antonio to watch television. The room was clean, and despite it's somewhat dated feel still had a lot of charm. The bathroom was on the smaller side, but had a nice supply of toiletries, towels and 2 bathrobes. We had also requested a refrigerator which was delivered the same afternoon.

The ambience of the hotel itself is very warm and welcoming. Fresh flowers and beautiful plants are found throughout the hotel. Some previous posters commented that the elevators were slow, but we thought they worked just fine. For our kids, the highlight was the very big outside pool. Plenty of towels and lounge chairs are provided, and again plenty of lush plants. However, one item I missed were umbrellas to protect from the scorching Texas sun. We didn't use the inside pool, however while not a large as the outside pool it could come in very handy on a cool winter day. The gym was so-so. Good amount of free weights and fairly modern weight machines. However, the treadmills are outdated and could use replacement since the belts are buckling, and I almost tripped. The towels and free water with lemon slices were a nice touch, though.

We meet our friends in the bar area a few times, and were pleased with the ambiance. Plenty of seating, over-sized, comfy sofas and chairs. The drinks were okay, and coming from NYC, the prices were normal for us. One evening we ordered room service which was fast and dare I say, really good. We didn't have breakfast in the restaurant, though I checked out the breakfast buffet, and thought it was overpriced for what they offered.

Prior to our arrival we signed up with the Omni Program which offers free WiFi, and it saved us a bundle of money. In addition, our children got a welcome backpack, and we received complimentary coffee, juice and/or chocolate milk, and newspapers every morning.

Even though the hotel is next to I10 we barely heard any noise. The location of the Omni worked for us since we know our way around San Antonio, and we actually liked the fact that it is away from the Riverwalk which tends to get crowded and loud in the evenings. The free parking is certainly a benefit if one considers the outrageous parking fees of some of the downtown hotels. This including the free WiFi saved us a bundle of money. It takes about 15 minutes to the Riverwalk by car, and Six Flags is also very close by.

There are some restaurants and an HEB supermarket in close proximity. We recommend Chester's Hamburgers which is on the other side of I10, and is a must for us when we visit San Antonio. A little bit further up the access road is Sea Island which serves some decent, inexpensive seafood. We weren't too thrilled with Texas Land & Cattle since the hostess, bartender, and manager were rude, and we left. If you go to Six Flags we highly recommend the original Rudy's BBQ in Boerne AFTER you enjoyed the rides at the amusement park . For the beer lovers amongst you a trip to "Hills and Dales" is a must. It's a true icehouse, and their vast array of beers from all over the world is incredible.

We truly enjoyed our stay at the Omni, and we hope that we're going to be back soon.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank ShinerBock2Go
NW Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband & I traveled to San Antonio in August of this year to attend the Region 8 Roundup which was being held at the Omni Hotel. The hotel staff went out of their way to do everything to make this a wonderful trip in spite of the heat outside. The livery was always available to take us shopping at the local malls. Very prompt pickup when we were ready to go back to the hotel. We can't say enough nice things about the staff. The food in the restaurant was good and plenty of good - good value or your money

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business