“Impressive”

Omni San Antonio Hotel
Ranked #19 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed July 8, 2009

I just spent 2 nights in the Omni. I signed up for their Select Guest program and got free Wi-Fi internet (and applied my points to my frequent flyer miles!)

I was on the 11th floor, and enjoyed the view so much that I left the curtains open all night. The window completely covered the wall!
Pillows and bed were very comfy. Staff was accomodating.

Location wasn't near anything I was interested in, but they have a free shuttle to the airport.

I've been to events here many times, but this is the first time I've actually stayed at the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,105)

Reviewed July 4, 2009

I stayed at the Omni Hotel Colonnade through a great deal i got on priceline, I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room. It was very comfortable, we were only going to stay one night because we were just visiting six flags for a day (which was very close). We enjoyed our stay so much, we booked an additional night with the hotel, join the omni rewards program and received free wifi and complimentary beverages. Service was excellent, will definately stay again!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2009

I love staying at the Omni. The service, facilities (indoor&outdoor pool&jaccuzi) and safety are #1. Added bonuses of roaming parking lot security and great restaurants within walking distance, not to mention grocery/other shopping within 1-3 blocks--extremely convenient for entire family.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2009

A concierge named Dallas and bellmen named Blas and Steele. What else could one ask for? The Omni strived to make everything right by us. Although not within walking distance of the "sights," it's a 15 minute drive (Enterprise is next door) to the Riverwalk and the hotel is surrounded by awesome restaurants. Coffee and juice were delivered to the room each morning (free), kids get goodie bags (free) and rooms have wi-fi internet (free). Free is good!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2009

Just got back from vacation in San Antonio. We stayed at the Omni for five nights and have to say that it was a decent experience at the hotel. I would not consider this hotel to be 4 star hotel, but more like a 3 star. We ran into just a few inconveniences with the hotel, nothing major, just a couple of things that aggravated us.

First you have to pay for internet service in your room or down stairs, which was like $6.95 for 15 minutes or something. I've stayed at 2 star hotels that offer better services for the internet than that. Second, there wasn't a phone book in the room and we had to call the front desk to get every phone number we needed. Third, we asked for a refrigerator in our room and it wasn't provided upon arrival. The hotel then sent up a banged up refrigerator to use for the week. Finally, the elevators were slow. There were many complaints about the elevators with all the guests there at the Omni. They have four elevators that could work, but only one that wanted to work at one time.

Like I said, they were just minor issues. The staff was great, the location was good. I think we were just expecting more from a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2009

We just spent the weekend at the Omni. It was a great price (got it on their website). They had a Fiesta Texas package which included tickets and breakfast and they also had a weekend with breakfast. We did one night with tickets and the other 2 nights with the breakfast package.

Everyone at the hotel is incredibly nice and friendly. The shuttle took us anywhere we wanted to go. We had a car but preferred not to drive to the theme park and then they also took us to dinner and came back to pick us up. Rooms are a little small but probably comparable to any other hotel. The breakfast was good but they seemed under staffed however everyone in there was extremely nice and tried to help and get us whatever we needed. I just think they need more help in there.

The pools were both nice but the outdoor pool was freezing! Could be it was not hot enough yet but the kids had a blast.

This is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2009

We had a lovely time at the hotel. The outdoor swimming pool was fantastic. Staff was friendly, hotel was clean, food was good in the restaurant. Our only minor issue was not receiving the newspaper we requested one morning.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family