Omni San Antonio Hotel
$259
$180
  • Breakfast included
Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
$314
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$145
$244
$239
$267
$219
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$245
$215
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
$199
$129
Agoda.com
2,170 results
All reviewsbolocookies and milkoutdoor poolgreat hotelroom servicemedical centercorner roomsix flagsfiesta texasbreakfast buffetshuttle servicethe entire staffbed was very comfortablesea worldthe river walkcolonnadeconference
Reviewed April 30, 2009

This hotel was just so-so for an Omni. The location is not the best for San Antonio. I went there for a banquet and stayed the night. Banquet food was very dry and not that great. The rooms were a little small. The hotel itself had an older feeling. On the plus side it is nicer than all the other hotels in the area. There is a small fitness center. The military rate is very good.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Colonnademanagement, Guest Services at Omni San Antonio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay at the Omni Hotel San Antonio. Although, we were pleased to learn you were satisfied with your selection of hotel compared to nearby properties; we were concerned about the disappointment in the food during your stay. Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical of the quality of food we offer at the Omni San Antonio and hope you will give us the opportunity to make it right on your next visit. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Guest Service

Reviewed April 20, 2009

To me, style is not just outward appearance. It is also an attitude expressed - one of kindness and easiness as embodied in the old Southern expression, "She's as pretty on the inside as she is on the outside". Such is the Omni Colonnade and its staff - And, importantly in this day and age, a great value too.

The Omni is a beautiful hotel on the Northwest side of town just outside Loop 410 on I-10 about 10 minutes via freeway from the Alamo and Riverwalk action. It is also as close to Sea World and Fiesta Texas in other directions. Although we booked online through the Omni website and got a good rate of $129 for a Saturday night, we scored a AAA rate of $109 at check-in. Self parking was free also. If you want a comparable Riverwalk hotel, plan to pay $150+ per night or more.

The area surrounding the hotel is nice - no worries about leaving your vehicle in the parking lot. There are also plenty of resturants within walking distance. Namely, Jason's Deli, Texas Land & Cattle, Wasabi grill and Starbucks. Denny's and the grocery store, HEB, just an exit away also.

The decor was pretty throughout the hotel and there were 2 pools - an indoor and an outdoor. The outdoor had a lap pool portion on one side and both pools had a jaccusi. The terrace surrounding the outdoor pool was landscaped nicely and there were plenty of pool chairs in great condition. More than enough thick, fresh towels were provided in both pool areas. The work out room was large and had nice equipment but I only saw one massage room. We didn't eat in any of the hotel resturants so I can't comment on the taste or timeliness of room service.

I did see a great children's menu which brings me to another point. At the Omni, the children were made to feel welcome also. Each of our grandchildren received a "gift bag" at check in. It was a "kind" gesture and showed "style".

If there was a downside it basically relates to the industry as a whole - the room size and the size of the beds. It was a tad cramped for us our two grandkids. I know that many hotels are replacing Queen beds with Double beds and I am not too happy with the exchange.

All in all it was an exceptional stay. I definitely recommend the Omni Colonnade to anyone visiting San Antonio and will absolutely stay there next time we visit.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Colonnademanagement, Guest Services at Omni San Antonio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2009

Thank you so much for your kind remarks commending the staff of the Omni San Antonio Hotel and for taking the time to express your appreciation for the service rendered. We were delighted to hear that the Kids bags were were a hit with the young ones.
We hope to see you again very soon for your next stay at the Omni San Antonio Hotel
Sincerly,
Guest Services.

Reviewed March 30, 2009

After doing much research in hotels for a family of 5, i chose the Omni because I wanted to stay somewhere that was nice and kid friendly. i found an excellent internet price of $140. My main factors for choosing this hotel was because #1 the omni rep said that their very spacious premier room was 2 rooms separated by a bathroom in between with complete division of the rooms. #2 they would provide a pack n play for the baby not a crib. I was very excited and had high expectations staying at an omni being a 4 star hotel and seeing the pictures online. WHen we arrived the staff was very friendly and the lobby was elegant. We checked in and arrived to our room. It was not what I expected at all. The room had a mildewy damp odor and it was not spacious at all. They tried to cram a sofa bed, glass table with lamp, tv and tv stand, and a 3ft by 5 ft business table and chair into a 7 ft by 7ft room. There was a 4ft hallway to the other room with the bathroom sharing the hallway space so the rooms were partially divided and not completely divided like i had been told. The other room was cramped as well with barely any space to walk thru on the sides of the king bed with an armoir and tv at the foot of the bed. ALso a crib had been provided instead of a pack n play and that was a major disappointment since I was told otherwise. Other unexpected surprises was that the toilet was extremely loud when flushed. You could hear it from the elevator and thru the walls when others flushed their toilets. The bath drained water very slowly and the tile was outdated. The bathroom door creaked loud like those scary haunted houses that it was hard to be quiet when the 6, 4 and 11 month old were trying to sleep. The extra blankets were dirty and smelly and not as nice as the down comforter on the bed for a 4 star hotel. The carpet appeared dirty and I wouldn't even let my 11 month old sit on it. There was trash under and behind the sofa. They don't tell you when you use the business center that it costs $6.95 for the first 15 minutes and it costs money to print. The plus was they provided shuttle to and from six flags. The breakfast buffet was decent. The staff was very friendly. We wanted to stay in a comfortable and plush room and I wouldn't describe the Omni as such. I felt like I was mislead by the staff, description, and the pictures. I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2009

We decided rather last-minute to go to San Antonio for our anniversary. After doing research on various hotel websites and TripAdvisor, we selected the Omni San Antonio. It was $99 w/AAA discount, free parking, and for a 4-star hotel, we couldn't beat the price.
Although not downtown, the hotel was well-located and convenient for our various side trips to the Natural Bridge Caverns, San Marcos Outlets, Mc Nay Art Museum, and downtown as well. As a Select Guest member, we received a corner room and coffee/tea every morning. The rooms were nice, although the low-flow toilets were a bit of a nuisance, but other than that, we were pleased with the ambiance, service, etc. One crowning touch was our last morning in the restaurant. We had the breakfast buffet ($15 - well worth it) and the chef found out it was our anniversary and brought a plate of chocolate covered strawberries to our table.

We will definitely keep this hotel in mind for future visits.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 14, 2009

I stayed at this Omni for 3 nights from 12/30 to 1/2. I got this hotel for only $65 a night on a bid on Priceline! The rate was $99 a night if booked through the hotel directly so I saved a few bucks. I recommend this hotel especially if you are visiting Six Flags. That was the purpose of our trip. My daughter's birthday is on New Year's Eve so we spent the day at the theme park. This was probably one of the nicest, tallest, and closest hotels to Six Flags. You can't miss the hotel because it is probably the tallest building in that area. Our room was nice, clean, and comfortable. Also, parking was free. Most 4 star hotels charge for parking but not here. Many restaurants close to this hotel and also not far from the mall and Riverwalk/Downtown area. We really don't spend too much time in the hotels so we can make the most of our time on our vacation. So we didn't really explore this hotel but from what I can tell it is an attractive, clean, and comfortable property close to Six Flags with an indoor pool, restaurant on-site, and free parking.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)