“Very good three nights with family”

Omni San Antonio Hotel
Ranked #18 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“Very good three nights with family”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Booked rooms my parents and our family to visit together during long weekend San Antonio/ Sea World vacation.There was juice in the lobby and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and sufficiently sized.

The kids activities included Harry Potter movie with popcorn and my son really enjoyed his time in the hotel with his grandpa.

There is both an indoor and outdoor pool at this hotel. The fitness room is sufficient.

We would go back.

Room Tip: Some rooms face the highway others face pool or away. Our neighbors were very loud through the conne...
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
OmniSAColonnade, General Manager at Omni San Antonio Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
We are glad to hear the family had a great time. The associates had a great time as well putting it together. Thank you for staying with us and look forward to your return.

Next summer will be even more exciting.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Clinton
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The hotel was consistent in all areas. Food. Service and accommodations were solid. Nothing to complain about and you leave saying I had a nice stay.pricing was competitive and staff were exceptional in communicating and making sure our needs were addressed. All in all I would recommend them and would stay again when I want a predictable place to stay!

• Stayed November 2012
OmniSAColonnade, General Manager at Omni San Antonio Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad you had a memorable experience. Look forward to your return.
Grand Prairie, Texas
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Big room, split living/office area from bedroom; clean; great water pressure and optional scalding hot water in shower. A new standard for hotels nowadays, this Omni passes with flying colors on an electrical strip on/by the desk - easily accessible without having to crawl underneath. Along the right edge of the desk was a strip with 6 outlets! In my line of work, there is a need for charging all kinds of batteries for electronic equipment and I had all 6 eventually in use when I added a laptop and cellphone charger. Bonus points!
Want an odd gripe? No way of knowing the TV channels. I know some places have done away with those because I guess it's tacky and it's on of those things in the room that can get a little soiled but rarely changed out. But, there's few things more irritating than channel surfing for a college football game of interest and not knowing where to stop.
Nice lobby bar. And the hotel should get credit for some valuables remaining safe in my car. They were boxed up and nothing was obvious what they were, but it was heavy and I didn't want to lug it up to my room. Plus, the hotel has valet workers and seemingly a good presence outside the hotel - which is comforting. I wouldn't have held the hotel responsible if my valuables were stolen, but after eyeing the hotel situation I felt it was safe enough for me to take a chance of convenience. There's something to be said for that.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
The team is constantly looking at ways to constantly improve product at service. I shared your comments with the staff and appreciate your acknowledgment. The details matter and we realize it.
Harper, Texas
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I will say that the rooms are large and clean. Unfortunately we had to listen to employees speaking loudly right out side of our door, even after I stuck my head out to see if there was a problem. Also, we decided to get coffee and dessert at the in-hotel restaurant. The dessert was good, but if you look up you can see huge dust-bunnies hanging from the lights and decorations. Definitely a mood killer. Thank goodness we used price-line to save some money on this one.

Room Tip: ask to be away from the elevator and storage closets (the staff congregate there)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. First, thank you regarding compliment of how spacious and clean our guestrooms are. Also, I appreciate your feedback regarding improvements that can be made. We have used your feedback as a training topic for our staff and addressed the Restaurant appearance. We look forward to your return.
Napa, California
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in Sept and Oct for business training where I found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are quiet and comfortable with excellent turn down service. They have a great little gym, sauna, whirlpool and pool on the first floor with a massage therapist available. The hotel is centrally located to good restaurants, shopping, and movie theaters. I look forward to our company returning there for training in late January 2013.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sitting area.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I am glad that in additioin to enjoying the service and the facilities of the hotel, you had the opportunity to enjoy the area. It is a great neighborhood. Look forward to your return in the near future.
Houston, TExas
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hotel is nice and everything was clean and comfortable. Online check in ahead of time was a great feature. Milk & cookies with turn down service is a nice touch. We were celebrating our daughter's 16th bday and along with milk and cookies they also left her a slice of cake and a very nice handwritten birthday card. Very nice and personal! Easy checkout. Will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Stay high up; the views are great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
OmniSAColonnade, General Manager at Omni San Antonio Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Your comments have been shared with the staff. Look forward to your return.

Delfin Ortiz
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I kid you not, I moved rooms on check-in three times before I found one that didn't have a mildew / musty / mysterious but really unpleasant smell. I don't get it. I guess the place is in need of a major overhaul. I was only staying one night on business, but if I was there for longer I would have relocated.

I found the front desk staff really good and sympathetic with my plight to find an acceptable room, and the bellman who helped me was fabulous - what a great young guy. That said, until they do a major renovation, I wouldn't recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
It is truly unfortunate that you encountered an unpleasant aroma during your stay. Our Housekeeping staff works hard to make sure the rooms are properly serviced for all guests. I am truly sorry we fell short of your expectations. We have taken your feedback to re-train and I am sure upon your return you will have a much pleasurable experience.

Delfin Ortiz