Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown
Ranked #31 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed February 25, 2006

A very solid hotel and a great price. My family stayed during the bowl game. Had a very roomy two room suite with a river view at a good rate. It is directly on the riverwalk but not noisy. Staff is good. The free breakfast is OK but not great. Parking is across the street at a garage. it is not very handy, but you are right downtown so what do you expect? If you want to stay on the river, this is the place.

• Stayed: December 2005
7  Thank mayorshinn
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown

Reviewed January 20, 2006

I stayed at the Homewood Suites while at a conference. The Homewood was $50 cheaper than the conference Hotel, and was just lovely. It's located right on Riverwalk, yet far enough away from the main part of Riverwalk that it wasn't loud at night. I walked back and forth to the Hyatt for 5 days at all times of the day, and it was the nicest commute I've ever had (no streets, etc.). I was given a random complimentary upgrade, so I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. The rooms were immaculate, and include a full fridge, a dishwasher, stove and microwave (and free microwave popcorn). The kitchen was fully equipped with pots and silverware, but I didn't need it with all the food they provided for free. The free breakfast was perfect - eggs, juice, bagels, cereals, fruit, make-your-own waffles, coffee etc. It wasn't perfect, but it saved me a lot of time and money. The free happy hour was great too. Free beer and wine, some snacks, and then some bigger entre - like a baked potatoe bar or enchiladas. The breakfast room itself was quite nice - a huge area of lobby looking right over the River. I used the rooftop pool and hottub several times. It is TINY. I wouldn't have felt comfortable getting in the hot tub with strangers, but luckily I was always the only one there. Likewise, the workroom is very sparse, but had 2 bikes and a treadmill which is all I need (again, while the hotel was completely booked up, I was the only one in the pool or workout room). Lastly, the staff was very pleasant, including the front desk staff as well as all the rest. I think this hotel is a gem. I only wished I had my whole family with me, as I think it would have been perfect for a family stay as well.

One last comment. I had never been to San Antonio before and I just loved it. The Riverwalk was very fun. Touristy, but somehow much less ticky-tacky than other tourist areas. From the Homewood, you could walk all over downtown to bars, restaurants, the Alamo, museums, etc. very easily. It also seemed very safe, and I walked by myself at night around town.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
28  Thank juniemonster
A TripAdvisor Member
Taylor, Michigan
Reviewed December 19, 2005

This hotel was "home away from home". It was super clean and very comfortable. The bedroom was very spacious. The living area was large and comfortable. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful! The breakfast was good and the view of the Riverwalk from the dining area was pleasant. All in all, the accomodations were excellent. I would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 12, 2005

Homewood had very spacious rooms with great decor and very clean carpet. The beds were pretty comfortable as well. The kitchen area in the room was great for someone visiting for business if you are too tired to go out. The staff was helpful and very friendly. Breakfast was fine; good selection of eggs (powdered), bacon, juices, and bagels. The evening reception food looked a bit cheap (hotdogs and french fries, ect.), but they did serve drinks which was nice. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a visit to San Antonio. You can tell that this hotel has good management based on the positive attitudes of all staff.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
7  Thank vol1
Reviewed August 12, 2005

Very nice rooms, plenty of room and comfortable. Great location and an extra was the great breakfast and manager special at nite.
I would definately recommend this hotel. We had two teenage grandchildren and they enjoyed it also.

• Stayed: August 2005
11  Thank Laverne K
Reviewed July 16, 2005

Great Location and Great Place. You are in a walking distance from the main places in the River Walk and only about 20 minutes away from Fiesta Texas and a bit longer for Sea World. The rooms are well kept and good size. If you are traveling with kids you can send them to the living room to watch tv or play nintendo while you relax in a seperate room.

The pool is small but little kids don't mind much.

The only complaint I would have is the valet parking. $20/day and they do take anywhere from 30-40 minutes to get your car in the morning when people are either checking out or need their vehicles for anything else.

• Stayed: July 2005
14  Thank vacation3315
Reviewed June 21, 2005

We stayed at the Homewood suites for two nights and loved it. I am very particular about hotels and prefer 4-5 star. If you want to sit by the pool this isn't the hotel for you. It's very nice however, It's very very small. The hotel was perfect so the pool wasn't an issue. Who has time for the pool when you're staying on the Riverwalk anyway. The hotel was very clean, the staff was wonderful and the suite was very spacious. We have two children so the thought of a room with two full size beds doesn't start your vacation off right. The suite was very nice and comfortable. The greatest thing was the free 2 hour happy hour and breakfast. The hotel is also on the riverwalk which made it easy to walk around and check out the sights. If we ever go back to San Antonio we will stay here for sure. This place went above and beyond what I expected for the cost.

15  Thank vacationgalKansas